this is going to be great

After our exciting adventure at the hospital, we got home at around 9:30

After our exciting adventure at the hospital, we got home at around 9:30. I got a shower and gathered my things to go to school tomorrow.

After I was finished, I walked downstairs to get a drink from the kitchen.

When I went to sit down at the bar, Luciano was already sitting there with a glass of water beside him. I pulled a stool out and sat down next to him. We sat in silence for a bit before he started talking.

"So. Chinese food can kill you." He said jokingly.

I nodded. "Yeah. And if we have to keep resorting to small talk, I'm going to go eat some more of it."

He snorted and it went back to awkward silence.

Life is great. Life is grand. Jazz hands.

"What happened to us?" I asked. I didn't give him time to answer me before I answered myself. "Oh wait. That's right. We were like siblings. We knew everything about each other. And then you left. Without a word. You want to know something? After you left, I checked the newspaper everyday. For years. Hoping that your face wasn't in the obituaries. Hoping that you weren't dead. Hoping that you were still out there somewhere. Hoping that someday you would come back to Houstin and save me from my father. From myself. But you never came back. You just left me wondering what I did wrong."

Luciano was quick to respond. "You did nothing wrong. I left thinking that I was protecting you. Looking back now, I wish I could take back what I did. But until someone figures out a way to make time traveling work, I'm afraid that's not possible. All I can do is just sit here and beg for your forgiveness."

Oh this is going to be great.

Technically, I had already forgiven him.

But he doesn't know that.

I looked away from him and stared at the wall. "Do it then." I let the words fall out of my mouth softly.

Luciano choked on the water he was drinking. "Do what?"

"Beg. On your knees." I gave him a pointed look, giving him the illusion that I wouldn't go down without a fight. Not until he begs for my forgiveness. "I'm waiting." 

"Are you joking?" He asked me, looking at me with wide eyes.

I gave him a wicked smile. "No. And I'm not going to say it again. Get on your knees and beg. Or I'm walking away right now."

Luciano let out a sigh of defeat and stood up from his stool. He slowly dropped to his knees.

I never thought that I would see the day that Luciano fucking Soriano dropped down on his knees and begged.

He looked up at me and clasped his hands together. "Please. Marlowe Alexandria Angeli. Forgive me. I was young and stupid when I left you in Houstin. I believed your uncle when he told me that he would make your suffering worse if I left without thinking what he would do when I was gone. If I were you, I wouldn't forgive me. But you are a better person than I am. You have a better heart. A better mind. And if it were you were given the choice that I was given, you would have chosen to stay. Because you are braver than I am. You are smarter than I am. I know that the choice I made was wrong. I know that what I did was unforgivable, yet here I am right now. On my knees. Begging for your forgiveness. Please. Marls."