9. Simon

( A/N: This is my favorite chapter so far lol)

It's been 3 days. I haven't spoken to anyone in the unit. Not even my brother. I think i have every right to be upset. I don't know what they expected would happen, they threw a women in a skin tight dress in-front of cold blooded killers who work for a terrorist.

If i was allowed to tell Price i didn't want to do it then i would've, but you don't disobey orders. You can't disobey orders. I didn't have a choice in the matter, but i could tell they feel guilty for making me do it.

Men don't think. Just because they wouldn't harm a girl in that way, doesn't mean other men wouldn't. I'm not upset with Ghost anymore. His actions proved that he does have a heart, and he does care about me. I've tried to speak to him a couple of times but he's been avoiding me, he's the only one i'm willing to speak too right now. And he won't give me the time of day. I don't know what goes in that skull of his, but i wish he would let me in.

I'm sitting on my thinking rock, that's what i've decided to call it. Staring out into the river, so beautiful and peaceful. Even more beautiful at night, everything's so quiet. The moon reflects on the black river graciously. It's so hard to look away. I hear a crunch and immediately grab my gun,

"At ease soldier." Ghost walked towards me with his hands up. He's a comedian all of a sudden.

"You scared me. Don't do that." I said and put my gun back in my pocket. I'm not wearing my gear today, just some bootcut jeans and a tight black t-shirt. I learned my lesson about wearing white shirts.

He's also not in his usual gear, he has black jeans on, a black hoodie, black combat boots, and his usual black body armor. Damn. He looks good. The mask is still on. But i'm starting to grow a liking to it. He keeps his distance, he's standing about 7 or 8 feet away from me.

"You changed." i said to him.

He looked down at his outfit, "You're not a fan?"

"I never said that, you just look... different i guess." I responded and turned my attention back to the lake infront of me. "How'd you find me?"

"You've been coming here every night for the past couple of weeks." I turned my attention back to him, he's staring at his feet as he speaks.

"How do you know that? You've been watching me?" I jokingly say.

"Yes, i have." He looked back up at me.

"Oh." was all i could say. I wasn't expecting that. I sigh, "Why are you here Ghost?"

It got quiet. We held eye contact for what felt like forever.

"I don't know." was all he said. "I'll leave." he began turning around,

"No!" that came out louder than i thought it would, he looked at me with surprise in his eyes, "i mean, it would be nice if you kept me company, i haven't spoken to anyone in days." I patted the spot next to me on the rock, signaling for him to sit down.

Again, he took a long pause. "You're a man of a few words huh?" i chuckled, "Sit. I don't bite. Unless you want me too, then we can rearrange that."

This is the first time i've heard him laugh, a real, genuine laugh. I think i'm starting to break down those walls, he slowly walks over to me and sits down, an arm length away.

"You know you can get closer right? I won't kill you i promise." I giggled.

A man just made me giggle. I'm ashamed of myself.

He looked over at me before scooting closer. I smiled and we both looked over at the lake.

"It's a full moon tonight, they have always been my favorite." I said, trying to start a conversation.

"It's mine too."

"I didn't think you liked anything, I'm shocked." i giggled, again.

Dear God no.

"I like things." This man speaks like a robot.

"Okay, well tell me something else that you like."

He pondered for a minute, "I like the rain, i like the way it smells when it hits the pavement."

"Me too, but i hate thunder, it's always gave me anxiety. I remember as kids i would always run into Johnny's arms at night, he's always made me feel safe." I smile at the memory. He's always been my rock, i really should to talk to him.

I look back at him to see him looking at me, he loves doing that. If it were anyone else i would be seriously creeped out.

"What?" i asked laughing.

"Nothing. You're interesting to me." Was that a compliment?

I'm genuinely shocked, "Lieutenant, was that a compliment i heard?"

He looked down at his feet. "No." He seriously speaks like a robot.

"Well, okay then give me a compliment."

He sighed, "I don't compliment."

"Yeah, i know, i've noticed." I laughed, "Just one. I promise i won't ask again."

"Okay... I enjoy listening to you speak." He says, still staring at his feet.

"Oh come on! You can do better than that."

Again. With the long pauses. It's like he's calibrating or something.

"Your eyes light up when you speak about the things you're passionate about, and i like your eyes." He looked back up, "Is that to your liking?"

My cheeks are burning.

"Yes, it is to my liking." I looked away shyly. The grip this man has over me is too much. He can tell me to jump and i'll ask how high.

"Why are you being nice to me?" I ask.

"You ask too many questions y/n." every-time he says my name it brings shivers down my spine.

"I know, i'm sorry."

"No need for an apology."

He's so monotone it kills me, "You're a man of little words Ghost."

"Call me Simon."