Embers of a Revolution

Cordelia POV:

"I have decided," Jude said as his emerald eyes seemed to peer into my soul, "I truly love you Cordelia. I saw everything that you did for me, until I lost my consciousness when you went inside my head. I love you."

My face was scarlet as I tried to counter his gaze with mine, my heart beating louder and louder as the seconds passed on.

"Ahem," Uriel coughed into his fist, "You two should get a room. In fact, I'll prepare a room for the two lovebirds."

My face that was already red was now steaming in embarrassment as I pushed Jude away from me.

"Not here Jude!" I whispered while trying to calm my beating heart.

"You guys don't want to take up my offer then?" The hologram asked us once again before coughing into his fist.

"Good," he started, "I congratulate the two of you for passing this relictomb and unlocking the Godrune of Creation. Now, you both should go to this relictomb next."

He said some spatial coordinates that Jude was likely familiar with as he nodded his head.

"However, the two of you should also take a break," he said while looking at the two of us, "I don't know much about what is happening outside but I can tell its very tense. However, suddenly jumping into another relictomb without at least having proper control of the Godrune the two of you attained is, for the lack of better words, foolhardy."

"Rest, train, and refresh your mind before going to this relictomb. That relictomb is the second largest and will be more dangerous than this one. It has many secrets and treasures for the two of you to explore that I should not spoil," he winked at he finished giving his advice.

The two of us got up and bowed to him before thanking him at the same time.

A smile appeared on the hologram's face as he clapped his hands and sent us out.

After we reached the outside, I collapsed into Jude's hand, relieved that my hard work paid off and we were finally done.

Jude squeezed my elbow and smiled before picking me up. 

"E-eh Jude!? What do you think you are doing?" I squeaked in surprise.

"It's fine Cordelia, sleep. I'll get the two of us home."

Even though I wanted to protest, my body had other ideas as I slowly drifted into sleep. The piling mental exhaustion was being released and I thought that it wasn't a bad idea to sleep in his hand after all.

I nuzzled my head into his chest before closing my eyes and wandering into the dreamworld.

Jude POV:

I used Illusion Magic to make Cordelia appear as standing next to me and got recognised for clearing the relictomb with the fake identity she made for me.

After that, I flew home while making sure to keep the wind out of Cordelia's face so that she can sleep peacefully.

When we finally neared the estate, I discreetly descended and again used Illusion magic to easily pass through the security checkpoint and enter our mansion. Once inside, I released my spell and was face to face with Cordelia's sister, Caera.

She was wearing casual home clothes and didn't have any make up on her, but she looked at beautiful as always.

(A/N: Jude simply thinks of her as beautiful and is not attracted to her at all. I just want to make this clear that they won't have that kind of relationship.)

"You guys took such a long time to finish!" she groaned loudly before finally noticing that I was carrying Cordelia.

Her first instinct was to ask the following, "Is she okay? Why are you holding her? Did she get injured? Did you not protect her properly?"

I found it a bit funny that a dignified lady like Caera was actually somewhat of a siscon who was extremely concerned about her powerful sister even though there were no wounds on her.

"Don't worry, she's just sleeping," I laughed slightly before settling her down on a bed.

"How much time did we take?" I asked Caera with my back still turned towards her. 

"You guys took over four months! I almost got caught as well! If it wasn't for Master, we all would be screwed!" She ranted while huffing heavily.

I raised my hands in defeat and tried to calm her down, "Sorry about that. The relictomb was much harder than we expected. And in any case, you didn't actually get caught right?"

She snorted before saying, "Well, at least it's good you are here now. Cordelia can help remove any suspicions by going back to her old job for at least a bit."

I nodded my head before asking her, "Does Cordelia have any retainers?"

She shook her head, "No, else it would have gotten dangerous. While retainers are loyal to their Scythes, their loyalty to the High Sovereign is far greater, making them potentially dangerous spies."

I asked another question, "Why did you also betray Alacarya?"

"Both my sister and my Master managed to understand the true intentions of the High Sovereign and looked behind the brainwashing. The others have also done so, his grasp over Alacarya is far weaker than he believes. The only reason there is no revolt is because there is no one who can stand against the Vritras."

'That makes sense,' I thought, 'Even if all of the high bloods came together, alongside the remaining Scythes and retainers, they would still get stomped when a Sovereign decides to make their move.'

"But now they can have an icon," my eyes gleamed, "Caera, start contacting the high bloods using your Denoir connection. We are going to begin a revolution."

(A/N: Had to cut this chapter a bit short since I am going out. I'll make the next week's chapter a bit longer to compensate. Next, Jude and Cordelia will be training together while Jude will also be looking to get into Victoriad. Maybe he becomes a professor or does something completely different, who knows? Even I don't know. Regardless, see you guys later!)