Chapter Six

Harper

"Harper, get your ass up! You've got to set the table. We've got Matteo's parents coming over to settle everything for the engagement party. They moved it forward." I'm pulled awake by Adriana. My head is banging my throat feels dry. I need water, lots of water!

I know I shouldn't have drunk that much. How did I get home? The last thing I remember is falling asleep in Enzo's car.

"Haven't you got people to do that for you?" I snap back, feeling too tired to be dealing with this right now.

I turn back over and snuggle into my pillow, hoping she will fuck off. "What did you just say? Do I need to remind of the time I found you bleeding on the kitchen floor? Because let me tell you dear, this time I wont have a problem with leaving you for dead.

My whole body freezes as I hear the venom in her voice. "Do I at least have time to shower?" The sly smile that forms on her face is anything but pleasant.

"Yes, you do. I've also laid the maid's outfit out for you; this is your punishment for sneaking out last night."

How did she know I went out? Yet again, she knows everything that goes off in this house.

She walks out without closing the door, leaving me feeling more shitty than I've ever felt before. I know I need to get moving soon before she comes in, but I can't bring myself to deal with her or anyone, for that matter.

I throw the covers over my head, hoping to get at least five minutes. Soon as I snuggle deeper into them, I feel something hard next to my leg, and I freeze.

What the heck is that? I feel around for it, only to gasp at the sight of a phone. It's fully charged; I unlock it to see a text message from Enzo.

Enzo- Morning, I'm hoping you've found this and not you're bitch of a stepmother. The charger is under the bed. If you're wondering how you got home, I carried your fat ass in last night. You don't know how to handle your liquor! Don't worry about Juan and his men. My brother and I will be dealing with that. Keep your head down and keep out of trouble. See you soon, beauty. X

The thing is, I trust him when he says not to worry about Juan. If it were my father saying it, I wouldn't, but Enzo and his brother, who I haven't got a clue who he is. I trust them more than my family.

I'm about to text back when the door flies open. I throw the phone under the covers just as Adriana walks back in. "They're here. Why are you not up? You haven't got time for a shower now. Just get dressed and come downstairs now."

I quickly stand up, making sure the phone is still covered up. Adriana glares at the dress that I'm still wearing from last night. "Where did you get that? I've never seen a dress like that before. Take it off and give it to me now." My whole body freezes.

"I," my mouth opens and shuts. "I said, where did you get it from?" I can't tell her I made it. There's no way in hell I'm telling her that. She will destroy everything I've made. I know she will.

"Mrs Raven, Mr and Mrs Marchetti are asking for your whereabouts," one of the men Enzo knows says. I'm grateful for his timing.

"We will finish this later. You have two minutes to come downstairs; otherwise, I'll come back up and grab you by the hair. Am I clear?" I nod before I rush to the bathroom to brush my teeth.