Chapter 28

Y/n's POV

"Hello?" I asked quickly as I answered my phone.

"Hi honey. He's ok." As those 2 small words left her mouth I felt like the whole world was lifted off my shoulders. I smiled as tears started running down my face.

"Holy fucking shit." I laughed through the tears.

"It was an-"

"An overdose... yea I figured that out. When is he gonna be able to go home?" I asked her.

"I don't know, the cops are talking to him now." My mom said.

"Ok, tell him the I love him and I'm happy he's ok. I'm gonna go tell Seth and Rafe." I sighed as I wiped my eyes.

"Ok honey, I'll keep you updated." She said before we hung up.

I made my way downstairs and told them what was going on.

"So he's ok? When will he be able to come back?" Seth asked.

"Not sure. He's talking to the cops right now." I said.

"The cops?" Rafe asked as a wave of nervousness washed past his face.

"Yea it's probably a technicality. Why?" I asked him.

"Because I know who sold him the drugs and if said person gets caught your brother is gonna be held responsible." Rafe replied harshly as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"What's Barry gonna do? Plus Adrian won't snitch. I know it." I said.

"Barry will gut him like a fish. And that's not the point Y/n. Adrian can keep his mouth shut but the cops have been gunning for Barry for a while so one fuck up and he's screwed." Rafe stressed. He sighed and grabbed his keys.

"I have to go real quick. I'll see you later." He grumbled with a small kiss on my forehead before he left.

"How about that drink?" Seth asked and I almost laughed.

"Yes please." I said as he went over to the wine cabinet.

He grabbed the same wine I had chosen earlier before pulling out 2 glasses and pouring us each enough to feel tipsy.

I immediately took a great big gulp of mine.

"How you doin?" Seth asked.

"A lot better knowing my brother isn't in the hospital overdosing. But maybe a little worse knowing if he's says the wrong this he'll most likely be dead regardless." I told him.

"I know kiddo. Don't stress yourself out over it though. Adrian knows how to handle himself. He just needed a push." Seth said taking a sip of his wine.

"I know. It's crazy, just a few years ago you helped me catch my first fish and now we're drinking wine and listening to each other vent." I chuckled a little.

"It's even crazier knowing I watched you take your first steps." He chuckled as well.

"I know your not my real dad but I appreciate you for not treating me like I was just your wife's kid. Adrian to. You taught us a lot and I appreciate it." I told him.

"Hmm... So how did this whole Rafe thing come about? I need to know the details." Seth said and my face went red.

"Well I first met him at the store. Well saw him. It was my first night back and I didn't have any bathroom stuff and we crossed paths. But I officially met him through Sarah and Topper. Sarah introduced us at a party and he walked me home. After that we started to hang out and according to everyone and they're mother no one had ever seen Rafe even give someone the time of day. They all said he was an asshole and he'd just break my heart. Even Sarah. But she also said she'd never seen Rafe so happy and was surprised with him. And it's been perfect ever since. A lot of people talk and I've heard a lot of not so good things about him but, I keep telling him his last doesn't define who he is now. Plus he's never given me a reason to question him let alone believe what everyone is saying. I know a lot of it's true but that's just not Rafe anymore." I told him as I looked up and he had a grin on his face.

"You know he looks at you the same way I use to look at your mom..." he said.

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"Just with so much love and passion. He worships the ground you walk on. I mean did you see how quick he came today? He cares for you and I can tell. And normally this conversation would be had with him but I have to tell you not to hurt him either. You can't fuck up either. I've known Ward Cameron for a long time and I now what that kid has been through. I trust you both to make good decisions but especially don't loose each other over petty shit." He scoffed.

"Does that trigger something?" I asked him.

"A little. I mean, me and your mom may have fallen out of love but we could still be a lot closer if things hadn't ended that way they did." He said

"If I'm being honest, I don't think you guys fell out of love." I threw back the rest of my wine and he looked at me.

"Now don't mess with my brain while I'm intoxicated. And don't tell your mother I let you drink either she's have my neck." He chuckled clearly a little drunk.

"Why don't you lay on the couch?" I said and he happily agreed.

"Your a great person Y/n. Don't let anyone tell you different." He said as I covered him with a blanket.

"Goodnight Seth." I patted his head before going upstairs.

Before I even attempted to enter my room, I grabbed the cleaning supplies out of the closet and went to the main bathroom.

It wasn't that bad honestly. There was some puke and spit but other than that it was left untouched.

I got down on my hands and knees and started working on it. By the time everything was cleaned up my phone rang. It was my mom again.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey. He wanted to talk to you." She said as I heard rustling.

"Hello?" My brothers voice sounded.

"Your lucky you know?" I said annoyed with the sound of his voice at the moment.

"I know... listen, are the girls ok? They didn't see anything right?" He asked.

"No they're completely oblivious. Rafe went to go talk to Barry though. What did you tell the cops?" I asked him.

"I told them that I found it and wanted to try it." He was still kind of out of it.

"Stupid... are you ok though?" I asked him dumping the disgusting water into the tub.

"Yea I'm good... I'm really sorry you had to see that Y/n." I heard the tone in his voice change from serious to dead set on getting me to understand.

"Go look in the mirror and say it. I should beat the shit out of you but... let's focus on getting you help first." I sighed as I cleaned up all the cleaning supplies.

"Yea... well, the nurse said I should rest so here's mom... love you." He said

"Love you to." I said

"Well honey I'm gonna go. I'm gonna stay here with your brother. Is Seth still there?" She asked

"Yup, passed out on the couch." I told her.

"Oh... is Rafe there?" She asked.

"No actually. He had to go do something." I said annoyed at how he left with no context.

"What's the tone for?" She asked immediately catching on.

"Well I just don't know where he went or why he didn't tell me. I think I know but that's annoying." I told her.

"Well then..." You could tell she wasn't sure what to say.

"It's whatever though. Im gonna go to bed ok?" I told her.

"Alright hon I love you." She said.

"Love you to." I said before hanging up the phone.

I need a shower...