Of Caverns and Casters - SCI-FANTASY

Title: Of Caverns and Casters

Author: avadel

Genre: sci-fi fantasy

Maturity Warning: torture sequences, mentions of child abuse, mentions of slavery

Blurb: ONE RUN-AWAY PRINCE

Prince Aster Jacques will one day rule the Queen's Wizard Corps. By blood and every expectation, he should be a master spellcaster. Instead, he has all the skill of some second-rate, street-corner trickster. Desperate to be the wizard his beloved country needs, he'll do whatever it takes to learn the trade--even if that means abandoning his family to chase a mysterious academy invitation.

TWO DIE-HARD SCIENTISTS

Half a continent away, Leavi Riveirre and Sean Rahkifellar are researchers in the underground city of Karsix. For them, spells, princes, and kingdoms are nothing but children's stories. Reality is the relentless plague unleashing death and darkness in the city. Determined to survive what they can't cure, they flee--but reaching safety will require more than braving the harsh topside winter.

A LAND THAT WASN'T SUPPOSED TO EXIST

When brutal weather and betrayal force these three together, they'll find themselves questioning everything--and each other--to survive.

WELCOME TO AVADEL. 

Why we love it: Of Caverns and Casters is a masterful fantasy about two scientists who escaped from the plague of their underground city and are now roaming the land above theirs for work and money, a prince who leaves his kingdom to search for ways of improving his own magic, and an unforeseen quest the three of them are thrown into. To top that off, the scientists have no idea magic even exists—except in fairytales—so their interactions with the prince are quite... hilarious!

The journeys these three take to get where they are now at the end of the first book are expertly written by the duo writers Laine and Aria of the avadel account. We found it hard to believe this story was co-written because every POV fit with the others and the story was just right because of it!

One thing that added to the characters' immense personalities was their surroundings. The setting largely affected how they acted, which we thought was highly realistic and relatable for the authors to write. Speaking of setting, let's talk about world building. We really have no words to explain how utterly beautiful Of Caverns and Casters' world building was. Like, damn, the authors went all-in and they did not disappoint!

Anyone who loves a good, old-fashioned, quest-style fantasy with bountiful characters and gorgeous settings NEEDS to read Of Caverns and Casters. It is an absolute must-read. We are looking forward to reading its sequel, Of Whispers and Daggers!

Congratulations on an amazing book, avadel. Please let us know: which Wattpad story would you recommend to other users?