Chapter 53

Chapter 53

I groaned in pain while turning my head around and opening my eyes. Golden road lights flickered above me, blurring every time I tried to focus. A throbbing ache settled in my head while rubbed the sides of it with my cold fingers.

I tried to recall my memories but it was nearly impossible as it seemed like I had gotten a head injury. I pulled my fingers away from the back of my head and stared at them under the dim moonlight to only find blood covering my tips.

"Fuck." I cursed and then groaned before forcing my head to turn. When I turned my head, my eyes fell upon the car, my car that we had been driving across Barnsley.

It was totaled, flipped completely. The bumper was crushed, the windows had shattered and the tires were covered in wet dirt. From the looks of it, it seemed like it wasn't going to work anymore as the lights were all switched off and so was the engine.

I let out a heavy breath before I ran my hands around my surroundings only for them to brush against dirt and sharp splinters from the tree and branches.

Where was I?

I blinked hard and fast. What happened? I hadn't been more confused in my life, not even when King bit me that once in the cemetery.

Beatrice.

I opened my mouth to call out her name but a sharp pain rose in my throat and I coughed up blood, a lot of it. The sharp metallic taste melted into my mouth and I gagged before spitting it out on the ground and lifting myself up from it.

With a single conscious glance at my surroundings, I found myself in a forest, a few miles away from the road as the lights weren't too far away. The car had crashed on a tree before tilting and falling deeper into the forest.

I must've gotten hurt.

I ran my hands across my body, feeling pain almost everywhere. Panic gripped me from all sides.

How am I not dead? Where was Beatrice?

My head snapped up when I felt a presence around me. It was a woman with her hand stretched out to me with the intentions of helping me.

I didn't take her hand. "Who are you? What happened?" I asked, finding my voice at last.

I couldn't see her face well but I could see her eyes, they shone under the moon like little white stars. It came to me then—the eyes of a werewolf.

"I apologize for the chaos my wolves have caused. We don't have many visitors like you coming to Barnsley." She replied, her voice was soft, almost believable.

Her wolves?

"Your wolves?" I cocked my brow at her, still remaining on the ground, injured and bleeding. I didn't have the chance to find out where I was bleeding from but I knew it wasn't just one place.

She nodded her head before taking a glance around. I followed her eyes and took a look at my surroundings to find a pack of wolves sitting around in a large circle. They were spread wide around me and the car. Instead of rushing and running all around, they were sitting, breathing and watching me carefully.

"Where is my friend?" I asked, panicking a little. Beatrice was in the car with me and she wasn't a werewolf, she couldn't heal. "Where is she? What happened to her?"

The woman looked beyond me and onto a patch of wet dirt underneath another tree. I twisted my around and found a body lying next to the tree.

Fuck.