November 17, 1985

November 17, 1985

Hyunjin, now that you asked me about that, I don't really have anything to answer you. How do you want it to be called? How do you want us to be called when we just look at each other like that? I want to look at you again. I want to see you again, be with you. I probably miss you that much.

Don't worry about going here yet. It's only been months, Hyunjin. We can wait a little longer, a little further. I hope everything's going to be well with uncle's work. How do you feel about it?

And the shoe... I kept it hidden, safely tucked it in. But sometimes, I go and look at it, think about how it looked so pretty and how much it reminded me of you. The red shoe was lonely without its pair, Hyunjin.

My day was bad, Hyunjin, but seeing your letter on my desk made it all better. So yes, your smile is my most favorite thing ever. How can I hate your smile when all the things that make me feel good always remind me of the red shoe, your smile, and you? I don't hate the red shoe. I can never.

Seungmin seems like a good person based on your stories. It had been months, how is he? Do you play with him already? Tug his arm when you get hungry? Do you tie his shoelaces too? Does he run from you because of your sparkly red shoes? Do you have another pair of red shoes? Maybe the books that he read will spark your interest as well! You can try skimming through them! If you don't, because I know you like it when there are photos and drawings, maybe he can like manga and comics too!

Jisung really takes care of me? I don't understand! I think he's the one who needs to be taken care of because these days he's so clumsy. He got a wound the other day and just laughed it off though I know it was quite painful? I don't think he'll make fun of you for not talking to Seungmin! He's really interested in you and kept on asking me how you've been.

Were you well, Hyunjin? Are you well?

Jeongin smiles wide whenever the rest of us do something strange. He actually laughs softly too and it was nice to listen to. I noticed that he likes listening more than talking which is why Jisung and he have a good time. He doesn't have the red shoes. You were the only one I saw with it! You were unique like that! Why? Do you have blue shoes? Green shoes?

I like Jeongin's company. I like Jisung's and Chan-hyung's. I love yours, though. I hope you're enjoying your stay there, Hyunjin.

I think of you too. Always. In so many ways, actually.

Don't be sorry about my birthday! There's a lot more to come. I hope I can be there on your birthday next year and finally meet Seungmin!

The weather is so cold. Tuck yourself in, okay? Make sure to feel warm and wear clothes that are appropriate for the weather. The flowers on our porch began to sprung. I don't know what they're called but they are so white and look down. Like a snow.

The sky was wide and empty when I looked at it just now. Did you see the same thing I did?

Hyun. Ah, it feels weird to write your name like this.

Can letters smile like you?

Red shoe owner,

Felix