Chapter 8 (PT. 1/2)

very important note at the end :0

-Faye?! Faye! Are you ok??- you ran towards her as she was standing there, breath accelerated and heart pounding like crazy. -WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK IS THAT THING (y/n)?!?- You quickly turned to look at the object she was pointing at. It was the eye cat in a jar that Lucas had given you, the sight disgusted you beyond any words.

When you left your room, you saw the bathroom's door was open, inside was Faye frantically brushing her teeth, she of course had her own brush in your apartment. -...are you ok??- you slowly and softly asked, she looked so concentrated in brushing every single inch of her mouth that you didn't want to scare her if she hadn't noticed you. She spat the paste before talking, -yeah it's... Well it's not your fault but please throw that damn thing away- -... I'm gonna take it to Lucas later today, ask him what the hell does that mean- you replied, -it means that it's literally decaying and you need to throw it away, that's what it means- she responded as she stuck the brush back in her mouth, -yeah but Faye, what we just saw is literally impossible! Like, that's a especial liquid to preserve wet specimens, how the hell do you explain life just appearing inside out of the blue??-, Faye kept brushing her teeth for a bit before she spat the paste again and started rinsing her mouth. She raised her shoulders and said -you're right I guess... You know I'm not an expert in these things, but whatever it is I'd rather you get to the bottom of it rather than ignoring it and making it worse-  she said not looking away from the toothbrush she had in between her hands under the water stream coming out of the open faucet, she was rinsing it. You just muttered an "I guess" while looking at the floor. It was way too early in the morning for you to be having so much food for thought, if you kept overthinking you were gonna get a headache for the rest of the day. Suddenly, you decided to ask, -by the way... What the hell are you doing up so early? It's 8 in the morning dude- You said in hopes that the conversation could change. -Oh right, a friend of mine asked me for a solid at his workplace, he's the manager and needs me to cover an employee that won't be able to go today- faye carefully explained -Im gonna get paid full day and a bonus for helping him out- she said with a big smile, singing the last "out".
Faye had quit her job a few weeks ago because of a fight she had with one of her co-workers. She knew she would be fired so she quit before giving anyone the pleasure of saying "you're fired". Her parents had threatened her that if she lost another job her allowance would be cutoff, but they loved their spoiled daughter too much for them to actually do it. They did reduce it tho, forcing Faye to start spending less. It's not like she was in dire need of the money, but she did wanted to buy stuff.

-I made breakfast for the both of us, nothing too extra just some eggs- the house did smell nice, so that's what it was. -awww, what would I do without you my lovely wife- you joked around. You and Faye were so close that sometimes people mistook you for a couple, at this point might as well get married with your best friend. She laughed it off -sure thing, my needy husband- you scrunched your face at this. -ewww, dude I don't wanna be the needy husband, that's annoying- -see?? You're annoying too, so it's perfect- she said jokingly. You grabbed a strand of Faye's hair and pulled, not too strong for it to hurt but not too soft either. She laughed at this, she deserved it for calling you annoying.

-Anyways, I don't wanna be late so I'll leave you to it. I left your breakfast in the kitchen counter- Faye started to grab her stuff, she put her phone in her bag and searched to see if everything was inside of it. -Take care dude- she said as she opened the door. -You too, don't get fired- you responded teasingly, knowing her difficulty to keeping jobs. She just stuck her tongue out at you while closing the door.
You were alone yet again.
Your shift didn't start yet, in fact it wouldn't be starting anytime soon, you were up way too early and you didn't start working until the afternoon. You sighed as you went to the kitchen, you were already wide awake, might as well just have breakfast already.