CHAPTER ELEVEN

'tonight's game matches the second seeded team usa against the tenth seeded team trinidad tobago, this marks the first game for team usa in this double elimination winner take all tournament.. gordon bombay looks to have his team well in control here, they lead six to nothing.'

i swiftly accept the puck from guy and race towards the goal, doing my f/i-shot, i score a goal for the team and the siren wails.

face off after face off jesse finally gets the puck, skating towards the goal only for someone to slide under his feet, he slides into goal grunting, swiftly getting to his feet as he skates over to the boy who pulled the stunt.

"hey! what's your problem, man?" he pushes, the boy before getting grabbed by the ref.

"usa penalty, number nine, hall, two minutes for roughing!" the red announces and i let out a groan, turning back to the game.

"line change!" bombay yells, i make my way off the ice and pass dean and fulton.

"good luck, boys" i smirk, taking my helmet off.

"thanks, babe" dean winks, skating onto the ice before making a ruckus, "alright fulton! let's have some fun!"

"yeah portman! let's do it!" fulton laughs, the crowd going wild - especially the girls - as they knock everyone over before scoring a goal.

"hey, ya got a girl in the stands?" charlie asks, i snap my head around to see him talking to adam, straightening up my posture as i lean in slightly.

"nah, she's on the bench," adam says, his eyes glued to the audience as i look around to see julie and connie in here with me, "scouts man, look at em"

"don't worry about scouts, adam" charlie smiles, "just play your best"

i huff, resting my chin on the palm of my hand as i observe the game in front of us, i feel someone's eyes on me and glance over at adam.

he was quick to turn his head away, fake coughing, rubbing the back of his neck afterwards, sighing.

'team usa loses the puck at centre ice, here's bellafonte across the blue line with a great move, walks right down in front, he shoots, he scores!'

they all start dancing and singing to the drum beat in the background, i furrow my eyebrows slightly, biting back a smile as i get up for the line change.

'nearing the end of the game, team usa with it out at centre ice, here's connie moreau, moreau stick handling in the trinidad zone, moreau still with it, moves around the pileup, gives it to kenny wu'

i see a player about to tackle kenny and quickly push him into the boards causing him to fall down to the floor.

'l/n checking an attacker to the boards, wu, the former figure skater, back behind the net, ducks underneath the check, moves around in front, it's a wraparound! he scores!'

we all crowd around bombay as he calls us in giving us a little pep talk, "alright, that wasn't a game, that was a statement!"

we all cheer as we had won the game, we all go towards the locked rooms and i notice the sun setting ever so slightly.

"right team, get dressed into your usa tracksuits, we have an interview to go to!" bombay yells, the whole team cheering in suit.

"ladies and gentleman, team usa hockey, and the man chosen to lead them to the gold, gordon bombay!" the team and audience clap for the man, "bring the bear up here, this is henry the hendrix bear!"

we all had to get some photos with henry, smiling and waving at the camera as instructed before he runs off beyond the audience.

"team usa, how does it feel competing on the international level here in los angeles?" a blonde lady asks, the team all chiming in saying how great it was.