Commander

|Jude|

After my date with Kathy, I had important business to attend to: meeting with the Council of Dicathen once again. As I flew towards the castle, I activated my All-Seeing Eyes to locate the hidden entrance. With a simple movement, I revealed the castle and entered, flaring my mana to indicate that I was not a threat.

As I approached the door to the council chamber, a bear-like guard bowed before me and addressed me as "My Lord." I was taken aback but didn't dwell on it, simply requesting permission to meet with the Council.

The guard disappeared and returned a few minutes later to grant me entry. I stepped into the circular chamber, greeted by the sight of Aldir, the human and elven royals, Virion, and a new representative for the dwarves.

As I acknowledged their presence, I couldn't help but add a hint of sarcasm to my voice, "It has been quite some time since we met, hasn't it, Great Council of Dicathen!"

To my surprise, it was the new dwarven Council member, Rahdeas, who spoke first. He introduced himself and praised me as the greatest mage of Dicathen, mentioning that my brother Arthur had been a frequent topic of conversation in his letters from Elijah.

Guilt washed over me at the reminder of Elijah's death, but Rahdeas reassured me that it wasn't my fault and praised me for saving hundreds of other students. With my mind back on task, I focused on the reason for my visit.

"I have come here today to request the position of Commander of Dicathen's Army," I announced, my eyes shining with determination.

As I stood before the Council, I could feel their skeptical gazes weighing down on me. Virion wore a frown, but Aldir was the first to speak, asking for my reasons for believing I was worthy of becoming the Commander of Dicathen's Army.

I met his gaze squarely and spoke with confidence, "Firstly, I am undoubtedly the most powerful mage on this continent, surpassing all others by a considerable margin. I could easily defeat all the Lances present here, as well as Master. Secondly, my interest in warfare began at an early age, and I have studied and learned extensively about it. Lastly, my unparalleled genius and talent as a mage, awakening at three years old, reaching the yellow stage at eight, and the white stage at twelve, have prepared me well for the task of commanding an army. My sharp and tactical mind further adds to my qualifications, and I am willing to prove myself."

My words caused a stir among the Council members, but I remained calm and focused. Aldir asked me to prove my combat skills by defeating all the Lances and Galahad, bare-handed, before they tested my commanding capabilities.

Without hesitation, we all made our way to the training room inside the Castle, where the Lances prepared themselves, and the Council members took their places in the viewing region.

I stood calmly, waiting for the battle to begin, while the Lances eyed me warily.

Master approached me with his massive sword hanging off his back, "Jude, are you sure about this?"

"Absolutely," I replied confidently, "None of you would be able to land a single attack on me at your current level."

I could sense my statement irking some of the Lances, which was exactly what I had intended.

"Don't regret your words," Bairon retorted, his tone icy and laced with anger.

I positioned myself as they got ready for the battle, activating my All-Seeing Eyes to their full extent to keep up with the movements of six different people simultaneously. Though the power difference between us was vast, I needed to make sure that they didn't even ruffle my clothes by accident.

To avoid suspicion, I canceled any aether flow inside my body so that Aldir wouldn't suspect me as I was still far from his match.

Mica jumped at me from above with her standard gravity hammer smash. Varay tried to surround me with her ice magic while Aya did the same with sound. Master and Bairon charged at me from the front, and Olfred conjured his magma golems.

Varay's ice mana didn't collide with Olfred's magma magic at all, which was to be expected seeing the high level both of them had attained.

"Not impressed," I sighed loudly. I raised one finger augmented with wind magic to block Mica's full power hammer smash, digging my body into the ground. But it was no issue for me at all.

I countered Aya and Varay's spells by using blue fire to heat the surrounding to an abnormal degree, causing both their spells to break. I manipulated the blue fires to also attack Bairon.

As Master's giant blade headed straight for my throat, I calmly raised my hand and blocked the blade with my own power. The powerful blade clad with silver wind stopped right in its tracks as if it had met a mountain. At the same time, I conjured my own ice magic to freeze Olfred's golems.

I used gravity magic to counter Mica's attack and sent her flying away. Then, I clad my fists in lightning magic before sending Master flying away, unconscious.

Feeling playful, I used Illusion magic to trap all the Lances, including Aya who tried to counter my spell but was too weak to do so.

"Is this enough?" I asked Aldir while conjuring earth spikes to skewer the Lances while they were trapped inside my spell.

Aldir had a complicated expression on his face, but he nodded his head. I snapped my fingers, breaking all my spells.

"Let's move on to the next test," Aldir said as he got up from his seat.

Ignoring the gasps from the Council members, I followed him. After the difficult test given by him and Virion, Aldir declared, "I, the overseer of the continent of Dicathen, declare Jude Leywin as the Third Commander of Dicathen's Army!"

I bowed in respect to Aldir and eagerly awaited the official announcement.