The 5th Hokage : Tsunade Senju

As Kakashi reached the Uchiha compound, he saw Sasuke practicing his kunai throwing on the targets kept on the tree nearby. 'Looks like he and Naruto got tired of waiting for me and left the training ground.' Kakashi thought.

"I thought I told the two of you not to leave." Kakashi said as he walked toward Sasuke. Sasuke who was immersed in training looked behind and said "We waited but after hearing a few explosions we couldn't control ourselves and rushed toward the source. We were blocked by a few Anbus and they told us to go back home. Naruto went to see Karin while I came home.

"Is Yami here?" Kakashi asked. Seeing Sasuke behave normally Kakashi doubted whether Yami had told him about meeting Itachi.

Sasuke nodded and said "Yes he is by the lake" Sasuke pointed in the direction of the lake with his kunai. Kakashi nodded and walked toward the lake. After walking for a minute, Kakashi saw Yami sitting at the edge of the lake with his legs dipped in water. He walked beside Yami and said "This is the first time I am seeing you doing nothing. What has got you thinking so much?"

Without looking at Kakashi, Yami replied "No I didn't tell him. It will get him more riled up than he already is." Yami knew why Kakashi was here. As Sasuke's sensei, Kakashi didn't want Sasuke to go in the revenge rabbit hole.

"You held out good in front of Itachi and Kisame. Way better than Asuma or me could ever do." Kakashi complimented. He was telling the truth when he said this. He wasn't confident in pushing Kisame to the extent that Yami had done.

"Itachi mumbled something when he got swallowed into space." Yami said.

"What did he say?" Kakashi asked. Yami just shrugged and said "I don't know. I wasn't close enough to hear him."

In fact, Yami had heard Itachi loud and clear. Even Itachi didn't think that the words he mumbled were heard by Yami. Kakashi was a little disappointed by this but he didn't let it show on your face.

Yami looked to the side at Kakashi and asked "So what's the cover-up?"

Kakashi opened his mouth to deliver Tsunade's plan but he closed his mouth and stared at Yami for 2 seconds which made Yami feel awkward. He was about to ask Kakashi but then Kakashi spoke "I have never seen you shed a tear Yami."

Yami was confused when he heard that and he subconsciously touched his own cheek which felt wet to the touch. 'I am crying? Is it because of the memories I got from the Yami who lived with the family?' Yami questioned himself. He as a transmigrator didn't have much affection for the Uchiha clan but many moves made by Yami were influenced by him being a part of the family. He had retrieved and hidden the bodies of his parents and also Itachi's lover Izumi He had taken small amount of revenge by killing root shinobis and even getting in the way of Danzo's plans and finally he had brutally killed the two elders who had a hand in the clan's massacre.

Seeing that Yami didn't reply Kakashi guessed that he didn't want to talk about it so he started telling Yami about the cover story as well as Tsunade's coronation tomorrow. After he finished explaining he left Yami by the lake and went to train Sasuke.

---------------------

The next day the coronation ceremony of the 5th Hokage Tsunade Senju happened. Seeing someone from the Senju bloodline sit back on the seat of the Hokage made many old foggies happy. They were reminiscing about the past when the 1st and 2nd Hokage were managing the village. Due to Tsunade's timely thinking and cooperation from the elders, the cover story of Tsunade and Jiraya sparring was accepted by the people. Only the clan heads were told what really happened. There wasn't much they could do about this, so they only took some additional measures to secure the rarely used gates.

Yami didn't attend the coronation ceremony as he was busy thinking about what Itachi and Tsunade must have discussed in the Tsukuyomi realm.

Due to lack of information on this, he wasn't able to decide how he should proceed further. He was sure that Tsunade had confronted Itachi with the truth.

Yami had observed that on my occasions Tsunade and Itachi had glanced at each other. In the end, Yami decided to go with the flow and keep doing missions. After Sasuke came back from the coronation ceremony he told him that Naruto will be going with Jiraya for training and that Yami along with his team had been called to the Hokage building the same evening.

Sasuke had no idea why he was called but seeing that the whole team was called both the Uchiha brothers guessed that it must a be mission that Tsunade-sama or Lord 5th as she was now called wanted to give them.

In the evening around 6 pm, Yami reached outside the Hokage building. He looked up and saw the decorations of the ceremony were being taken down and the people around were in a happy mood. After going through so much for the past week they had finally gotten a reliable new Hokage and things were looking good on the surface.

"Did you forget that the ceremony was in the morning?" A lazy voice came from behind Yami.

Yami turned back and saw Shikamaru walking toward him. "I am glad I didn't attend the ceremony. Sasuke was so lucky." Yami chuckled.

"Lady Tsunade called you as well?" Shikamaru asked. He didn't know why his dad told him to come today but after refusing he said that it was an order from the Hokage.

"Not just me but my entire team." Yami said. As Shikamaru said that he was called as well, Yami understood that this much be regarding the chunin exam results.

----------------------------

To read 19 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.