40

When Colby left I felt my heart sink slightly. Being alone in this room, well in this house, felt like time hasn't shifted.

It felt like I was just taken off of the streets by four strangers, to be held captive.

I grabbed a book and curled up in bed, trying to just relax. Times were different now. I was technically held captive but it was only for a little while.

It was only until Colby could get everything sorted out.

There wasn't as much dread in it this time. I knew that there was an end to the captivity, and I knew that I would get to go home.

I just didn't know when.

I sat and read for a while before I decided to explore the house a little bit.

I obviously wasn't going to go into any of the rooms or offices but I didn't want to be trapped in one room.

When I got downstairs I walked around the silent mansion. It was a little bit of an eerie feeling, but it was kinda peaceful at the same time.

I actually thought about this house a lot since I left. It really was a beautiful place and was just my style.

I walked into the library that was once considered mine. It was mostly the same, but instead of art being on the desk, there was a flower arrangement and a couple books.

I wanted to sit in here and read, but my heart couldn't handle that.

I remember when this house was first brought up, Colby made sure that this house had a library for me. I couldn't help but think he imagined us living there for a long time.

Part of me believed that he wanted to run away with me, but knowing what I knew now that just wasn't the case.

I went back upstairs after a while, getting bored. When I got back up to the room I laid on the bed and grabbed my book.

Before I could really get comfortable the door was swinging open aggressively.

I shrieked, jumping slightly at the motion, only to see Colby hastily walking towards me.

"What are you doing!? Do you not trust me or something?!" I yelled as he grabbed my wrist, pulling me up.

"Julia, just be quiet this one time." He said and pulled me out of the room. My heart was racing with fear as he pulled me along.

Before we could get to the stairs, there was a loud crash and glass breaking downstairs.

"Shit." Colby hissed then turned and pulled me back upstairs.

"What's going on?" I whispered shakily as he opened a door that led to a storage closet.

"Shh." He hushed then got in the closet, pulling me behind.

Once we were both in, he covered my mouth with his hand, pulling me into him.

I felt like I was going to throw up as Colby grabbed his gun from its holster with ease.

Someone found me.

"She's gotta be here." A man with a deep voice growled as heavy boots stomped up the stairs.

"If you don't fucking find her, I'll put a bullet through your head." Another guy hissed aggressively.

Colby tightened his grip on my mouth as I trembled, closing my eyes.

There was crashing and loud noises surrounding us before the door swung open.

"Gotcha." The tall man said with a smile as Colby held his gun up, shooting the guy in the chest.