Chapter 27: The Blind Banker: pt 11

***Recap***

(Sherlock races off ahead of them, pulling Nikki along with him.)

SHERLOCK: Come on! Let's go!

***Now***

(NEW SCOTLAND YARD. D.I. Dimmock storms into the office, followed by the boys and a rather bewildered Sarah. Dimmock is clearly not in a good mood.)

Dimmock: I sent a couple of cars. The old hall is totally deserted.

Sherlock: Look, I saw the mark at the circus - that tattoo that we saw on the two bodies: the mark of the Tong.

(Dimmock has reached his desk and has turned to face the others.)

John: Lukis and Van Coon were part of a-a smuggling operation. Now, one of them stole something when they were in China; something valuable.

Nikki: These circus performers were gang members sent here to get it back.

Dimmock: Get what back?

(Sherlock bites his lip, looking away angrily.)

John (hesitantly): We don't know.

Dimmock: You don't know.

(Sherlock still won't meet his eyes and Nikki was close to ripping out Dimmock's heart.)

Dimmock: Mr. Holmes ...

(He sits down.)

Dimmock: I've done everything you asked. Lestrade, he seems to think your advice is worth something.

(Sherlock lifts his head and gives a faint but proud smile. Nikki smiles at her mate proudly.)

Dimmock: I gave the order for a raid. Please tell me I'll have something to show for it - other than a massive bill for overtime.

(221B. Sherlock leads Nikki, John and Sarah into the living room and immediately stares at the pictures over the fireplace as he takes his coat off.)

John: They'll be back in China by tomorrow.

Sherlock: No, they won't leave without what they came for. We need to find their hide-out; the rendezvous.

(He walks closer to the photos, staring at them intensely. Nikki walks to the fridge and gets a blood bag while John also gazes at the pictures while Sarah hovers nearby, forgotten by the trio. Sherlock runs his fingers over the main picture of the painted brick wall.)

Nikki: Somewhere in this message it must tell us.

(Sherlock, John and Nikki fall silent. Sarah looks at them for a moment, then realizes that she is surplus to requirements.)

Sarah: Well, I think perhaps I should leave you to it.

John: No, no, you don't have to go ... (he looks round at Nikki and Sherlock) ... does she? (He turns back to Sarah.) You can stay.

Nikki/Sherlock (simultaneously): Yes, it would be better to study if you left now.

(The two mates looks round pointedly at Sarah, while John throws a dark look at the pair before turning back to her. Nikki and Sherlock glance a look at one another, she silently asking him if he would like her to compel Sarah to leave. Sherlock shook his head before returning back to their work.)