Chapter 29: The Blind Banker: final pt 13

***Recap***

(Nikki looks over and sees Sarah looking at her in fear. Nikki uses her vamp speed to appear in front of the female doctor where Nikki compelled her to forget what she had just seen her shift from a wolf to her human form. Later, the police arrived to clear up the mess. Dimmock is waiting beside a police car just outside the tunnel as John puts his arm around Sarah's shoulders and walks her away. Sherlock is just behind them and stops to talk to the inspector, his arm wrapped around Nikki's shoulder as she still wore his coat.)

NIKKI: We'll just slip off. No need to mention us in your report.

DIMMOCK: Mr. Holmes ...

SHERLOCK: I have high hopes for you, Inspector. A glittering career.

DIMMOCK: I go where you point me.

SHERLOCK (walking away): Exactly.

(Dimmock turns and watches him leave. He smiles ruefully.)

***Now***

(MORNING. 221B. In the kitchen, John and Nikki are sitting at the table while Sherlock stands next to him and pours him a mug of tea from a teapot.)

John: Ta.

(He is looking at the translated message on the photograph.)

John: So, "Nine mill ..."

Sherlock (pouring himself a mug of tea): Million.

John: Million, yes; "Nine million for Jade pin. Dragon den, black Tramway."

Nikki: An instruction to all their London operatives.

John: Mmm.

Sherlock: A message; what they were trying to reclaim.

John: What, a Jade pin?

Sherlock: Worth nine million pounds. Bring it to the Tramway, their London hideout.

John: Hang on: a hairpin worth nine million pounds?

Sherlock: Apparently.

John: Why so much?

Nikki: Depends on who owned it.

(SHAD SANDERSON BANK. The trio walked towards the entrance to the bank.)

Sherlock: Two operatives based in London. They travel over to Dalian to smuggle those vases. One of them helps himself to something: a little hairpin.

John: Worth nine million pounds.

Nikki: Eddie Van Coon was the thief. He stole the treasure when he was in China.

John: How d'you know it was Van Coon, not Lukis? Even the killer didn't know that.

Nikki/Sherlock (going through the revolving doors): Because of the soap.

(The pair look round smugly at John, who stops and stares back at the mates blankly for a moment before following him into the bank.)

(Upstairs, Van Coon's P.A. Amanda is sitting at her desk. She squirts a bit of hand lotion from the pump-action bottle on the desk and rubs it into her hands. Her phone rings and she picks it up and answers it.)

Amanda: Amanda.

Sherlock's Voice (over the phone): He bought you a present.

Amanda: Oh. Hello.