My Benefactor Prologue

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Prologue

No proofreading done.

NOTE: I know that the events in this chapter paced a bit too fast and a bit unrealistic but this needs to be done. There is a reason why and you will see why when you read on further. You won't be disappointed.

* * * * * * * * *

(Reagan at the age of 16)

Family.

As define in any human context, had many several meanings. One meaning would be a myriad of things sharing the same attribute. Another meaning would be a correlation of people who shared a common belief containing one or more in general.

As I look back upon time, I could say that a family was one of the most important perspective of a person's life. The upbringing, the environment, the molding of one's character became a part of one's identity.

In this respect it remained of utmost importance to initiate, cultivate, maintain, and prioritize family relationships.

I, however, had a loving dad, Michael, who dotted and adored me like no other. He had a promising career as a consultant to some big time corporate tycoon and had provided our household with everything we wanted or needed.  He was burly and tall, around six-foot-one with short wavy brown hair, sharp chiseled features with gray eyes that sparkled with great happiness. My mother, Lilly, the love of my dad's life, also loved me with the same magnitude as him. She was a gorgeous woman with long caramel colored hair and warm sea green eyes that showed warmth and care.

I was a pampered child, lavished with gifts and adoration but yet, I wasn't spoiled. I was brought up to be well mannered and to be thankful with what I have.

We, I could safely say were a happy middle class family.

Unfortunately, the format had changed.

Everyone had a different definition of family, no one in combination was right or wrong.

Then again, when I turned 8 years old. My whole world came crashing down in a spiral. I remembered it all too vividly. It was around Saturday afternoon, I was in my room reading in my bed when my dad came in suddenly with a scornful look on his face.

The only thing he said was, It's all your fault.

I didn't know what he was blaming me for. I was a well behaved child but, the next thing hadn't prepared me for the worst.

Face livid and deathly scary, he marched across the room, yanked me off the bed and punched me in the gut. Not one, two, nor three but five times to point of making me gag.

That my friend marked the start of his abuse and to be honest, I had no idea what were his reasons.

If fate had it all written out for you, it could have been a good one in retrospect to my happy upbringing.

But not this.

It went on for years and the beatings got worst. He would come home drunk or never would come home at all for a few days. He had actually lost his job and had became a hasbeen. I couldn't exactly remember when was the last time my mother looked at me straight in the eye. My sweet loving mother who adored me to no end but she changed as well, just like my dad. She became distant and feeble. Whenever I tried to ask her why dad was being like this but, she couldn't give me a straight answer. She would just stutter about nonsense or walk away.