CHAPTER | 08 | THE OTHER WOMAN

New York, USA.

Ikoyi, Lagos Island, Nigeria.

But of course, Shola heard but she isn't coming back, she couldn't go back and face them, when though they were plainly saying the truth.

However the news baffled her, Ayomide can't be engaged, no! Shola prayed, questioning herself. Please God, let it not be true. She thought as the got to the front of the mansion, the chauffeur opened the door to the black SUV for her to get in and closed the door, took a turn and got in and drove out the palatial mansion.

"Impossible, òlùwá jó ó, it can't be. My son engaged to A South African Girl! Kó jó bé làyé, òlórun má jè." Shola snapped her fingers as they drove out of the estate.

Immediately she stook out out her iPhone and dialed her son's number, after two rings, Shola took a deep breath as she hears his deep raspy voice.

"Hello mum." Mide said on the line.

********
B

efore Annika left New York, they both had crazy sex in his office, after that, he drove her to the airport, and they bid each other goodbye with a kiss.

Annika took a flight back to Johannesburg to set things in motion, she sent emails to her assistant, instructing her on works that needed to be done. Also she had to create contents for brands, attend important events, shoot some reels for Instagram and film some videos for her YouTube channel, spend time with her family and friends, and then by next month, she travels with her fiance to meet her new Nigerian family. Her in-laws.

The day was late, exhausted, Mide drove his black Lamborghini to his luxrious three bedroom penthouse house, work was tiring but Annika made it easier.

He drove into his garage, locked his car, headed into his apartment and went straight into his bedroom, placed his suitcase on the bed, quickly dashed into his bathroom, showered, and did his normal routine.

Next, he made dinner and ate in his luxrious kitchen. Thank God his mum taught him how to cook, so he didn't have a problem making jollof rice, garnished with shrimps, kidney beans, hot dog, carrots, green peas, sweet corn and finally some grilled chicken with a bottle of red wine and ice to wash it down.

After that, he proceeded to his living room, sat down on his grey million dollar couch to watch House Of The Dragon on HBO. He was enjoying the scene where Viserys Targaryen summoned the small council to annonce his mariage to Alicent Hightower, but suddenly his phone rang.

It was his mum.

He checked the time, it was different from the time over there in Nigeria. Here in New York it was 10:00pm, over there in Lagos, it was 6'oclock in the evening

"Hello Mum, Ekuirole." He greets.

"Hello Ayomide, Ba wo ni?" She replied.

"I'm fine, everything okay?"

"Ahan ahan,.....êwóo ni gbógbó ibèrè?

Mide chuckles, Shola smiled, she always love to hear her children laugh whenever they had conversations over the phone, it sets her mind at ease knowing fully well they're comfortable and taken care of.

"Does something have to be wrong for me to call my son?" She asked.

"Well Yeah, usually." Mise teased.