Secret Mission

Yami along with Shikamaru entered the Hokage building and climbed up to the floor where the Hokage's office is. As they reached outside the office they saw a lot of familiar faces. Yami had expected his team to be gathered here but he also saw Hayate, Yugao, and Karin with them. Now Yami wasn't sure why he was really called here. Karin was sitting beside Lee and talking with him. This is the first time Yami had seen Lee flustered. As soon as he saw Yami, Lee stood up and walked up to him.

"Yami why didn't you come to the ceremony today? Except for you, everyone had come. We even asked your brother but he said that you left early in the morning." Lee said.

'Thank god I went to train or else Sasuke would have dragged me to the boring ceremony.' Yami thought.

"I had some work to do. By the way, why are we here?" Yami asked as he looked at Hayate and Yugao but they just shrugged their shoulders. Yami was about to ask Lee when the door to the office opened and Shikaku Nara stepped out. He looked at everyone including his son and then turned toward Neji and asked "Why isn't Guy here yet? You informed him that Lady Tsunade had called him along with the team right?"

Neji nodded and said "Yes I did inform him and he said he will become. I don't know why he isn't here yet. I'll go and search for him."

Before Shikaku could reply Yami said "No need. He just entered the building."

Everyone looked at Yami as to how he knew so Yami just lifted his hands and said "I am a sensor."

"What? When did that happen?" Lee asked. This was news to him. He knew that sensors were a pretty important part of a team and they already had Neji in their team as he is a Hyuga but now their team had one more sensor.

Neji walked beside Lee and said "I thought you knew. He has been a sensor for almost half a year now."

"And no one told me?" Lee looked at his teammates as if they betrayed him or something. Seeing the innocent Lee act this way Karin couldn't help but giggle. "

"KONOHA's GREEN BEAST IS HERE FOR A SECRET MISSION." Guy shouted as he got on the floor. The whole lobby became quiet and everyone just looked at Guy. Even Guy got quiet and looked at the ones other than his students.

"What are you talking about Guy?" Shikaku asked. He then looked at Neji and asked "What did you tell him?"

"I only told him that Lady Tsunade has called all of us." Neji said as he raised his hands.

Guy rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment and said "When Neji said that our team was called in the evening, I thought she was going to give us a secret mission."

"And your way to come for a secret mission was to shout it in the lobby?" Shikaku said as he facepalmed himself. "Come in all of you...Lady Tsunade wants to talk to all of you and no Team Guy isn't going on any secret mission." Shikaku said.

As everyone entered the Hokage office, they saw Sakura, Shizune, and Tsunade in the office. Tsunade was sitting in the Hokage chair wearing a green overcoat and red Hat with the symbol of Fire written on it.

Sakura was standing at the side with books related to the human body in her hand. Seeing her in the office Karin walked up to her and whispered "Sakura how come you are here? Are you studying medical jutsus now?" he even glanced at the books in Sakura's hands.

Sakura gave a big smile and whispered back "Yes...lady Tsunade agreed to teach me medical jutsus and if I do good then she will take me in as her disciple." Her happiness was evident on her face and she was just short of jumping in excitement.

"Ahem... let's talk about why I called you all here." Tsunade said as she removed the Hokage hat and laid it on the table in front of her.

Karin quickly walked away from Sakura and stood beside Yugao and Hayate. Tsunade looked at everyone and called out "Shikamaru, Neji and Lee come forward." All three of them walked forward and stood in front of the table. Tsunade glanced at Shizune who nodded and pulled out 3 light green flak jackets from a box kept behind her. Everyone understood what this meant. Shizune kept those jackets on the table.

Tsunade stood up and with a serious face "All three of you have reached the preliminary round of the chunin exams and have saved many lives during the invasion. Due to this the three of you have been promoted to Konoha chunins." Tsunade said and handed over the flak jackets to them one by one.

Tsunade glanced at Yami to see his reaction and as she thought he wasn't even the least bit affected by it. Neji and Lee wanted to ask why Yami wasn't made chunin but they didn't dare question the decision of the Hokage. As for Shikamaru, he had some level of understanding as to how Yami thinks. He knew that Yami didn't care about being a genin or chunin and Yami had won the chunin exam final round so the explanation was that Tsunade had something planned for him.

"Yami now you come forward." Tsunade said and Yami walked ahead and came in line with Neji and the others.

"Yami for winning the chunin exams and killing a spy who had a lot of information on our shinobi, you are directly promoted to Jonin." Tsunade said and everyone started clapping. Tsunade expected Yami to happily jump because of this unexpected surprise but Yami only gave a small smile and nodded.

Shizune then pulled out a dark green flak jacket from the same box and handed it to Tsunade.

'Which watching the anime I never thought that chunin jackets are light green and Jonin jackets are dark green.' Yami thought. Tsunade handed the Jacket to Yami and then looked at Guy and his students.

"I do have a piece of bad news for you guys though. Now that Yami is a jonin, he cannot be a part of Team guy as he will be at the same level as the jonin instructors except Kakashi who used to be an Anbu captain. So from now on Karin will be in Team Guy."

-------------------------

To read 19 extra chapters go to my Patreón

https://patreon.com/lazarus898/

Link in the synopsis as well.