1

Please vote and comment as much as you can!!

After 6 months:

The weather was clear. The sky was almost outcast but she was glad that it was cool for a change as compared to the damp and dry weather of Mumbai, as she gazed out the window.

Well, at least its not raining. It would hard to find a rickshaw in the rain. She mused to herself and sipped her lukewarm tea.

Glancing at her wrist watch, she knew that her ten minute break was almost up. She sighed and adjusted the dupatta on her head. Finishing her tea, she laid one more glance outside at the clear grey sky. She was feeling exhausted especially from her night shift and she couldn’t wait to go home.

She glanced at the man who was sitting across from her and was drinking one after another. She was grateful for the silence between them because she was in no mood to talk and take someone's order right now.

“I’m going to take table no. 5, Is that okay with you, Bondita?” She was brought out of her trance when she saw her friend and only one in the name of family, Satvi stare at her.

She passed him a small smile. “Of course, but Satvi, don’t you need to go home now? I think your duty is over now.” she said.

She knew that Satvi was best dancer of the bar and was needed during the night shift yet she took care of most of the heavy lifting since Bondita was still new to singing in bars at night and then doing morning programmes.

“I should be telling you that but you know how this works. We still need to finish this man up. We just can't let any costomer stay alone even if it's not our job.” She clarified and took her overcoat from the back of the seat where she was sitting earlier. Her dress was too short to wear in the morning hours in front of any costumers, especially drinkers who can offend them easily.

Bondita nodded. “I’ll be there shortly. I don’t think I’m quite ready to face Sir yet especially after I got one more complaint from our one costomer yesterday.” Bondita mumbled and sighed, rubbing her forehead to keep it relieved from any ache.

She couldn’t get over the myriad of insults and reprimanding that her costomer had bestowed on her on her small mistakes.

Although it’s been a year since she began singing morning performances with her Sir's team in dramas and shows and then, sometimes during nights too doing singing and dancing yet she always manages to piss him off for no reason and he spares no chance to insult her on her small mistakes knowing well that costomers sometimes go overboard with girls like her but he jusr didn't care.

Satvi smiled at her and gently touched her shoulder. “Of course. I understand. Sir went a little overboard but you know how these managers love to treat girls like us. We only need to bear with their shit for a little while longer.”

“Oh and by little more you mean whole fucking life and If by miracle, any man turns out to be my lover then maybe I can cut the torture short on the cost of marrying a man” She snorted sarcastically.

After being bar dancer for some nights, she knew that people do not see her with great respect. People do not see when she sings prayers or sings during ram leela. These people only see negativity in others.

But she doesn't care a bit. She never felt ashamed of herself. Singing is her profession and passion and these two things do not see what type of song you are singing or where you are dancing.

She doesn't like the idea of marriage and love. Because she wanted a man in her life who'll respect her and her profession. She needs respect more than love from her partner.