36. "Forever? Always."

Night of the Grand Opening
Dave

Night of the Grand Opening Dave

Flashback in italic

" come on Amir you walking to slow my guy"

"But dad you woke me up so early why??"

I shook my head because I did though. I had only a few more days until I had to be on tour and I needed to do this now so everything could go as planned later.

"I know that but I need your help with something"

I picked him up as we walked through the mall till I could see where the store I needed was up ahead.

"Remember when you said I needed permission to marry mama?"

He nodded his head looking at me intently

"Well can I have your permission to marry mama?"
He put his finger on his chin contemplating like he was gonna say no

"You be her knight right? Protect her always?"

I nodded my head " yes sir"

"You also have to be her Prince. Ayanna, Amaya, and Kairi says mama deserts somebody who can be a knight and a prince. Can you be both pops?"

I chuckled as I nodded " yea Mir. I can be both."

he stared at me then kissed me on my forehead wrapping his arms around my neck hugging me "okay pops you have my pemession to marry mama"

I hugged him tight"I promise to always protect her and you and your sisters forever. You got that"

"Yea I got it"
We headed into the jewelers store. Everyone who knows me knows this the only place I get myself iced out. No one else has caught my eye yet and for this special occasion I need the best.

"Angelo!"

"Mr. East welcome! You're here early then expected how are you? And who is this?"

"This my son Amir he's here to see the ring and the other thing I got ready"

"Oh yes. Let me go fetch it from the back right now" Angelo left leaving the two of us

"Oh pops you already have the ring"

"Yea boy I'm ready for us to all be a family"

He wanted to get down so I put him down as he walked around the place laughing " dad your crazy we already a family. Me, you, Kairi, mama, Amaya, and Yanna. My family"

He don't know the impact those words just had on me but he really trying to make a grown man cry right now and we got business to handle

"Yea you right Mir"