Chapter Nine

Harper

A driver was waiting for me outside the venue. I know that was either my father's doing or Enzo's. I don't care which one, but I'm thankful I didn't have to call a taxi home.

My mind plays back to the time I spent with Enzo these past couple of weeks. How didn't I notice he was Matteo's brother? All the signs were there, and I didn't even acknowledge them.

When we were speaking in the garden earlier, he begged me to talk to him for five minutes before I went back in, but I wouldn't. I told him I couldn't; I needed to go back inside before anyone started thinking anything. I should have stayed and listened to him because then I could have thrown it back in Holly's face that I did know. I wouldn't have looked like a complete idiot.

"Miss Raven, make sure you're seatbelt is on." I look up at the driver to see he's looking intense.

"Mr Marchetti, we have two cars following us. They have been since Kensington Palace Gardens, sir. I've gone in four different directions, and they followed us each time; no, Mr Raven said he was going to send some more men to follow after us, but he hasn't. They are Mexican number plates." I can't hear what Matteo or Marco are saying back. I don't know which one it is, but whoever it is are shouting orders out.

I look out of the window and see two blackout cars. I have no idea what cars they are, but whatever they are, they're fancy. "I have no doubt about it. It's Juan's men." Just then, a gunshot rings through the air shooting the car. I scream, but nothing happens. The glass doesn't shatter.

"You're ok. Calm down. It's bulletproof; all the windows are." He drives faster, just as another gunshot goes off, hitting the tire. The car screeches as we crash into a wall. I'm breathing heavily.

I'm scared, so fucking scared.

"Harper, I need you to listen to me. This is serious if you want to get out of here alive. You need to reach under my seat and pull the gun out. No matter who opens that door, you fucking shoot. Ok?"

I nod. With shaky hands, I grab the gun and point it at the door.

Matteo

I knew it. I fucking knew I shouldn't have let her go. I should have followed her home. I shouldn't have allowed Holly to be a cunt to her; I should have told her to shut her mouth! But I didn't. I was too busy speaking to my mother to hear anything until it was too late.

But I should have known soon as I saw Holly near Harper. That something was going to get said. I should have known!

"Enzo. I need you to track Gino's phone now." This is all my fault. I doubt Harper brought hers here, and I have a tracker in all my men's phones for safety reasons.

"On it." He does it without any question. "Matteo. Leave her. He can deal with her; she will be fine. She's dealt with worse; trust me, she will be fine." I look at Holly as my blood starts to boil.

Her sister is in danger, and she's saying she will be fine? Where the fuck is George. I'm going to kill him for raising a stupid, spoilt bitch like her.

"Holly deal, why don't you show me you're wedding dress again." I look at my mother just as Enzo rushes through the door with a pained look on his face. Fuck, this isn't good.