Her Butler, Temporary Home

"Hello?" Said the man in the doorway. He was quite old, how does one get by with such a fragile man as a butler? I thought. "How may I help you sir?" He asked.
I smiled to him, "My name is Sebastian. I have recently been employed by this young lady as her butler. She has had a rough time, may we come inside?" The man looked down to Cecilia of whom I cradled in my arms.
The man's eyes widened, "It can't be!" He gasped. "Margaret!" The butler called and a maid came rushing to us. "Wake the lord and lady, this is urgent." The girl known as Margaret nodded with a grave look on her face. "Please come inside. Lord and Lady Midford should be down soon."
I nodded and entered the servant's quarters, "May I ask what your name is sir?"
He glanced back, "I am known as Harold. I have been in service for the Midfords since I was young and have not regretted it. They may be pleased or horrified to see what has come of the young lady you are holding." He led us up a flight of stairs and into the drawing room, "Please wait here, you may set Cecilia down on the couch."
"Thank you." I said, closing the door behind the man.
As I glanced around the room, I got a feel for how the Midfords lived, and I could tell they had a child of their own, for there were toys strewn about in front of the unlit fireplace. I looked down at my mistress and could understand why they seemed shocked by her. She was covered in blood and was sweating. She is just a child, and all of the things that had happened, happened in a matter of minutes.
The door opened and who I assumed must be the Midfords rushed in. They looked frantic. "Cecilia." The lord said, crouching down beside where she lay. "Cecilia, I am so sorry."
"My lord, if I may. What had happened to her before I met the lady?"
He glanced at me, "She was a child of the Phantomhive House, but one day, her and her parents were kidnapped. We thought them all dead, their estate was burned, but we made a plan to help rebuild what they had lost if they had been found." He smiled. "Thank you for bringing her back safely."
The explanation he gave me ran through my mind, she was a child, and she managed to think straight in that situation. Such a curious being. Such a strong soul. And another thing he had said hit me, "'A' child?"
Lord Midford nodded, "She had a twin brother, Ciel." He was upset, that much was easy to see. "Was Ciel not where you found her?" At that, I grimly shook my head.

I awoke to a pain in my neck that I didn't recognize, then I remembered, and hoped that none had noticed yet. I opened my eyes and sat up, groaning from the unfamiliar feel of the bed. A bed? That couldn't be right...
"My lady?" I heard from somewhere to my left. I glanced towards the voice and saw Sebastian standing there, readying a gown that was about my size. He smiled, showing something I thought a demon unable to genuinely do. "I see you have awoken." He said gently.
I heard water in another room, "I see I shall be cleaned?" I asked, observing the situation clearly, remembering where I was.
Sebastian nodded once, "The Midfords have gathered a maid to bathe you. I asked if I could be the one to do so but they said it unfit due to my form being male." He sighed, clearly trying to wrap his head around this.
I removed the covers from my body and moved from the bed to the bathroom, "Wait for me until I come out, I will tell the maid to not take notice to anything on my body." I said to him, and he nodded, "And it is only fit that a man does not see the naked body of a woman unless he is married to her." That was all I said before entering the bathroom.
"The bath is ready miss," Said the maid, taking the gown from Sebastian. "Thank you for this, I will leave the rest of her preparations to you after her bath."
"Very well." Was all he said.
The maid hung the gown on a rack nearby as Sebastian left the room. "He is a nice butler you have found my lady." She said as she helped me undress. I noticed that my left arm was slightly slack, I most likely won't be able to use it for a bit.
"He is suitable for the position." I said, carefully stepping into the porcelain tub. "I am glad I have employed him."
The maid, of whom I have forgotten the name of, smiled to me as she gently washed my hair. "May I ask what had happened my lady?" She questioned and I felt her fingers glide over the scar on my neck.
"They put a mark on my neck and lower back," I said, trying to be calm, "please do not tell Uncle or Aunt about the marks, it would be a shame on my family." I paused, "And don't say anything to Edward either, please..."
"I won't miss, though I cannot promise that no one will find out." She said, washing the soap from my hair, "It's gotten longer since the last time I saw you."
I looked up at her slightly, "Has it?" I ask. She nods.
"It is very pretty."
I chuckled at that. "I may be a child, but I don't wish to be treated as one, though I accept the compliment." I smiled.

Once she was done and the dirt and blood washed off of my being, she put a corset on me, careful not to get it too tight since I was bruised. She put the gown Sebastian had readied for me over my head and let it sprawl out from my hips, the navy color complimenting my dark hair.
"I see you are ready for me?" Sebastian said as I walked out, bringing the chair out for me to sit.
"Please be gentle with her, I will notify the Lord and Lady that she is nearly presentable." The demon nodded and the maid left.
He grabbed the brush off the stand and began to brush my hair out, "The dress suits you." He said, gently stroking the length many times to get the knots out.
"It is a dress that I had brought over here for when I was in town, it is a convenience really." He finished brushing and smoothly grabbed one side of my hair and fixed it into a tail, copying the motion on the other side so I had two. He then grabbed the choker that went with the gown and tied it into a knot around my neck, making sure to cover the Mark.
I looked into the mirror and didn't recognize myself for a moment, "I can understand your surprise, I can hardly believe you are the same, helpless little girl I saved from being sacrificed." He grabbed a navy hat with blue flowers on the rim to go with my attire and set it on my head, pushing the right side of my bangs in front of my eye. "You are ready. Let us go and meet your relatives." He said after putting a pair of black gloves on my arms.
I followed him down the corridor and into the drawing room. I was suddenly greeted by four pairs of arms. "One at a time, please." I spoke, and I must have surprised them all that I spoke so well for my age or something of the sort, for they all let me go. "Aunt, Uncle," I nodded to each of them, "Edward, Elizabeth." I looked at them all and they smiled.
Aunt Francis is the first to speak with a smile, "Cecy. My dear niece. We were all worried when we heard of the fire and the murder of my brother and sister-in-law. We had feared the worse had happened to you and your brother." I almost forgot about him... my brother...
"We are truly scared to find out if he is also dead." My uncle Alexis said with a sad smile.
Then Edward had said something I had not expected of him, "We should never assume the worse until it slaps us in the face!" He was glaring at his parents for a second and then he looked at me with a relieved look and grinned, a slight blush crawling into his cheeks, as though this was the first time he had seen me like this. "Cecilia." He sighed and I smiled, I never noticed how childish he acted around me.
I looked up to him and gave him a hug, "I'm glad I survived, though I am afraid that Ciel was not with me." I stepped away, "He was sent elsewhere, as to his location now, I do not know." I said sadly. The events that had happened flashing through my head like a film and I cringed.
Elizabeth noticed my dilemma and said in her cheery voice that I never liked, "Well, instead of dwelling on depressing things such as this, why don't we have a party, signaling the return of Cecilia Phantomhive." Everyone agreed on her offer and so we sat on the sofa, ready to discuss this 'party'.
As everyone was talking, Sebastian tapped me on my shoulder, "My lady, may I have a word for a moment?" He said, I just now noticed how much like a proper butler he acted. I suppose it is one of the perks of being a demon who had lived through more than one life that involved being a butler I suppose. I nodded and muttered an excuse me and went to the door to speak with him out in the corridor.
I noticed a maid striding down the opposite corridor away from us, probably doing her rounds of the empty rooms, and turned toward my butler after he closed the door.
"What do you wish to speak with me about?" I finally asked as he stared at me.
He nodded, "I have come to notice how much you seem older, I am curious as to how you can be so proper at an age such as yours?" He said and I gave him a strange look.
"I may be no older than eight, but that does not mean that I can not speak like an adult. Look at Edward, he is no older than ten and he acts as though he is twenty." I didn't understand the question, Mother and Father had always told me that I was a 'gifted' child. I suppose they meant that I was more mature than the average child my age. I thought of Elizabeth, who was my age, and could finally understand why he thought my language strange.
He seemed indifferent, "I mean no disrespect my lady, but through the decades I have lived, I have never met a child as young as you are act as old as you seem."
This made me chuckle, "I see, well, I am flattered that you think me special." I smiled.
His expression showed shock, "Showing kindness to a demon...? So strange." He muttered.
I giggled again, "No matter, let us rejoin the others." I said, striding back into the room.