121

Aniruddh still had his gun in the air above his head, wrist in tight hold of Som. His brother had moved his wrist up at the end moment making the bullet hit the lamp on the celling of this windy corridor. His eyes never left her as she ran away. He had wanted to follow her but his legs were frozen. Heart was aching and he had only one thing in his mind.

Murder.

He looked down at the filth of a man as Bondita disappeared through the exit door at the back of the building with Thakuma on her tail.

" Leave me Som." He growled as he tried to snatch his hand back.

" Dada no !"

" Aniruddh ! Beta..." Trilochan was devastated. What was happening ? This...all this... " Beta listen..." But Aniruddh had successfully shoved Som away. " Aniruddh you should not beta..." He held his shoulder from behind as Som again tried to pull the gun away. But Aniruddh seemed to be in a trance. He was not listening !

Aniruddh freed himself from them. His gun dropping somewhere. He didn't care. His fists were enough. He took a few determined steps but a hand right between his chest stopped him with a force. His eyes set straight to that man, he first didn't even notice the hurdle.

" ANIRUDDH !!" He was startled. It was his Baba. He had shoved Som away but he could not do that to his Baba.

" Baba...you need to get out of my way."

" And you need to calm down."

" Calm down...?"

" Yes."

" CALM DOWN !!! DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT HE DID !!! HOW SHE...HER CONDITION..."

" And did you not see her condition ?" Binoy stepped closer to talk so only Aniruddh could hear. He seemed to have his attention now. " Did you not see...her..." Aniruddh turned his face away at the implication. " We are at a public event..."

" So this is what it is ? What people would think ?!!!"

" What people would see is my issue !!! You...you have..." He lowered his voice again. " An idea of how it must have been for her, sure. But...but if any more people see her like that. Aniruddh, it is embarrassing enough that her Kaka Sasurji, Sasurji and dever saw her like that..."

Realisation dawned on Aniruddh. He shut his eyes close as he pictured her. Her tangled hair, out of place saree and torn blouse.

" Aniruddh. All this commotion. People are going to know what happened. They are going to be talking. The staff can't hold them off for long. Atleast don't create a scene more than necessary. Don't make a show of her."

Somnath was convinced that his Baba would take care of his Dada so he ran after Bondita too. Thakuma needed help with her. They were both going out on the road behind the building but the motorcars were parked in the front. They would need help. He emerged out of the gate to a hysterical Bondita struggling to get out of Thakuma's grasp.

" Bondita !" Thakuma yelled. " Listen to me ! He is not coming after you. I promise. Stop. Stop !"

Sound of footsteps on the gravel made both of them turn. Bondita's eyes landed on the male figure in the dark and she threw herself at her Thakuma scared.

" Boudi !!"

" Som Babu ?" Kalindi tried to confirm.

" Yes. Don't be scared. Boudi..." He stepped closer but Bondita looked more scared in the flashing light of a single torch on the wall.

Thakuma raised her hand up signalling him to not come closer. He understood. She hugged Bondita trying to calm her down. " Bondita... It is alright." She kept a hand on her head. Thakuma didn't have any practice of being emotionally supportive but Bondita had always made her try new things. " It is just your Som Dada. " Bondita still didn't look up. " Bondita. Listen to me. Let us go home. "