Chapter 9

To be loved and to be in love

"Hey, Scott. How are you doing?" I ask Scott as we walk to the blackboard to solve the math questions the teacher gave us. I remember that he was really scared after Derek threatened him. I think Derek could have handled it a little better. He really shouldn't have attacked him like that, because that only made Scott dislike him more.

Scott looks at me in surprise. "Ehh..I-I'm fine?" he asks more than he states. He must be really confused. "I heard you're not going to play tomorrow. Are you okay? Did you get injured too yesterday?" I ask him. I mean, I know he's not injured. He's a werewolf, he'll heal. But I thought it would be nice to ask him anyway.

He frowns. "N-no, I'm not injured. I just don't really feel like playing, I..ehm..I'm having some problems." he stutters confused.

"That's fine, you have to take care of yourself, you know? You don't have to worry about the game. We'll win. There are a lot of great players in the team. Jackson will be playing too. Your health is much more important than a game. Although, I think that coach thinks otherwise. Don't tell him I said that." I tell him as I say to him as I try to solve the math question.

I really like math. I like all school subjects that I understand. If you understand math it's actually a lot more fun.

x² + 5x + 6 = 0

x=(-5±√(5^2-4*1*6))/(2*1)

x=(-5±1)/( 2)

x=(-5+1)/( 2) v x=(-5-1)/( 2)

x=-2 v x=-3

Easy! Piece of cake. After writing down the answer I look back up at Scott to see him still looking at me, multiple emotions in his eyes. He looks relieved. He probably thought I would be mad at him because Jackson was injured.

"Well, I hope you feel better soon, Scott." I smiled at him as I went back to my seat. I think it's sad. He is suddenly a werewolf and has no idea what is happening to him. Derek knows about it, but instead of helping him he just threatens him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was in the hospital waiting for Jackson. He didn't go to school today because his shoulder was really hurting. Right after school ended he texted me that he is getting a cortisone shot. I immediately took the bus to the hospital, obviously. I want to be there for him. Even if it is something small, I want him to know that I really care about him. I don't really know that much about cortisone shots. Actually I don't know anything about it.

I know it does something for the pain and that Lydia said that all the pros do it. Which is totally not cool. You do not put your boyfriend in danger just because you don't want to date a loser.