CHAPTER | 09 | THE MALICIOUS PLOT

"So when should we be expecting you?" Shola asked, she refused to mention her son's fiancée's name.

"In two month, probably, I'll let you know which day it is, when Annika and I will be coming...... Alright mom i have to go.... I love you." Mide tries to end the conversation, not wanting her to question him any further.

"Ok my dear, i love you too, hope you're eating and resting well?"

"Yes mom."

"And you're praying, fasting and studying your Bible. Ò pàtákì ó." Shola questioned him.

"Yes mom."

"And you're going to church? Are you paying your offering and tithe as well, sho mo pe omo Jesu ni e. You were brought up in a christian home. Paying your tithes and offerings are very important." She asked again. Mide rolled his eyes and laughed silently. This woman was indeed his mother and he loves her dearly.

"Yes mom, i pay my tithe, i go to church, i even attend fellowships. I don't miss them." He said knowing fully well he's partly saying the truth and partly telling lies.

"Okay mom, it's late over here, i have to go, my regards to my sister's and the whole family. Love you, Bye." He said, Shola smiled happily and replied. "Alright my son. Bye bye." She hangs up and goes back into the living room to join her sister in-laws.

"Ehen, so have you decided on the pieces you're bringing for me, remember i said i want diamond curts in form of a cord. Something that'll rest on my neck and boost out my skin color." Shola said taking the magasin the jeweler offered her.

"Yes ma, the pieces will be brought here tomorrow. As soon as possible."

"Okay.....and i want you to get me a special piece, let's say a ruby and diamond necklace, a set of matching earrings and bangles, my son's fiancée is coming so i want to you get me an exquisite fine piece." Shiola said.

"And you," She looks at the designer. "Tell your boss to see me, i want her to make a dress for my son's fiancée as well, she'll be here next month to attend the wedding, so when she arrives, her measurements will be taken, she needs to look the part. Mi o fe late arrival. Do you understand?" Shola stated carefully as they nodded. "Yes ma." They replied as her sister-in-laws look at themselves then to her with a surprise glare.

********

Few moments later, a servant escorted the designer and the jeweler out of the living room to the door exit.

"So it's true, Mide is really bringing her home. Fascinating." Pelumi grits her teeth, surprised, flipping through the magazine.

"Yes he is, i just got off the phone with him, and he confirmed it." Shola replied.

"Congratulations then." Michelle said gleefully as Tomiwa and Pelumi looks to her direction. "What do you mean congratulations, aren't you worried at all?" Tomiwa asked.

"Why should I, Mide is a grown man now, he's old enough to make his decisions." Michelle said as Shola shook her head and Pelumi hissed.

"What! It's the truth,... Or are you suggesting something else, because Aunt Shola you already gave orders to the jeweler and designer to prepare pieces for your daughter in-law...." Michelle stated as Shola shuns her.

"Olorun má jè." She snaps her fingers. "God forbid, which daughter in-law,.... oh oh oh oh oh, because I told them to get me exquisite tastes, you think i said it out of love? Or because I'm glad my son is bringing a stranger. " She chuckled wickedly.

"I only did it, because even if the jeweler and designer signed a NDA, they'll still snitch about it to their bosses and whomever, so i just pretended and gave them words to sleep on." Shola added and scoffs.