chapter 26

"Rebekah!" I yelled into the house. I couldn't find her and it was driving me crazy.

Knock knock

I heard some one at the door. I walked up to the door answering it. I saw klaus and shut the door.

"Hmm. Thought I heard something I guess not." I said so he could hear me.

Knock knock.

I opened it.

"What?! Or did you not get the part where I don't want you here?" I asked.

"What would you think of going to a dance with me?" He asked. I gave him the bird and slammed the door. I walked around my house before ending up in my personal section. I looked around to see two, old flowers I preserved. I was dry and fragile will I never touched it scared it would break with the memory with it.

Flashback.

"Don't think of this as a punishment think of it as freedom." I said as Katerina and me Sat on the bout to England. "We can do what ever we want. Let's have fun while we can." I said trying to get her to be happy. "You only live once so make use of it." She looked up at me and smiled.

"Fine. I'll have fun and we can travel the world. What do you think?" She asked excited.

"Of course. I would have it any other way." I said. In the beginning I found her and tried to find the other doppelganger that followed but when that didn't work I stayed with her anyways. I started to like her and we became friends. She's more of a sister than a friend.

I looked up and she was still smiling at me. I smiled back and she turned to the window to watch as we entered the docks.

*****

"Lord Elijah I would like to introduce miss katerina, and miss Samantha." Trevor said as we met him by the docks. I didn't want Elijah to know who I am or any of his family.

Elijah kissed both of are hands and old memories started to flash back of the two of us, but I pushed them aside.

"It's a pleasure. I am glad yo see you could celebrate my brother niklaus's birthday with us." He said to us. I kept my eyes down. I then looked up quickly muttering under my breath compelling him as he started to remember.

"You will not remember me till I say remember." I said and the compulsion took over quickly as he went back to normal.

"And there he is now. Sorry for the wait...." Elijah started.

"...He likes to make an entrance." I said the last part with him though he couldn't hear it as I smiled. All this time and he hasn't changed a bit. I thought as he walked closer to us. I compelled him the same way I compelled Elijah. Klaus looked at me carefully. I smiled and he smirked back. Yup. The same.

"And who are these fine ladies, Elijah?" He asked his eyes moving katerina because she was the doppelganger and what he has been looking for for 500 years.

"Happy birthday." I said quietly. He heard it and looked at me. Katerina was talking to them but klaus was focusing on my words. I spoke lower than a whisper as I knew he would hear. "You don't look a day over 500." I said and instead of looking at katerina he looked at me curiously. I looked over to see Elijah listening in as well. "I know what you want to do with the doppelganger. Just be warned if you don't find a way to bring her back I won't let the ritual commence. I am older then both of you put together you are not the oldest vampires in existence so don't act like it....have a great birthday party." I said keeping up my innocent appearance the entire time. They both looked at me. I just shrugged.

"What do you think Samantha?" Katerina asked.

"What ever you want is fine with me." I said and she smiled.

*****

I was walking through the woods as someone walked up to me trying to be sneaky.

"What can I help you with klaus?" I asked. I turned and he came out of the clearing. Klaus and elijah git used to the fact I was here to stay as long as katerina was here. Klaus has made advances though I brushed them off.

"Is it wrong to want to seek out you company?" He asked his hands behind his back.

"Shouldn't you be with the doppelganger?" I asked.

"Jealous?" He asked with a smirk.

"Not in the slightest." I said and his smirk faded. He brought his hands out from behind his back and held out a rose. I took it and nodded to him in thanks.

"It reminded me of you beautiful and dangerous at the same time." He said and I chuckled. I will forever tease him about this when I give him his memory back in the future. "Now if you'll excuse me I have so things I must take care of." Klaus said before walking away.

I heard another pair of foot steps as time past. I was sitting on the forest floor looking up to tree to the clear sky above.

"May I join you?" Elijah asked.

"Sure." I said my eyes never leaving the sky. He set something in my lap and I looked down to see an orckid flower. It was pretty.

"I saw it and thought of you. So I picked it. It's your favorite right?" He asked.

"Yeah. Thank you." I said. I can't fall for him again....because I know I'll have to leave..And I don't want to go through that again. But something draws me to him....I love him....He just can't know that right now. I looked at Elijah sadly though he didn't notice. "I'll keep it forever." I said. He turned to look at me. He gave me a smile.

I never want to forget.

End of flashback.

Knock knock.

I ignored the door. I just sat in my chair and curled into a ball.

Thanks for reading! tell me what you think?