Chapter 13: Meeting With Mashima Sensei

The sky remained cloaked in dark clouds, preventing any light from piercing through. Rain persisted without any sign of stopping soon.

After successfully revealing the identity of the white room student through my plan, a new challenge arose—to determine who would initiate expulsion first. I intended to meet with Mashima-sensei, the one who helped me execute this plan, to discuss matters or so I thought...

Catching a glimpse from the corner of my eye, I noticed Arisu's interruption. "Now, now, Ayanokouji-kun, don't look at me like that," she said, smiling.

However, Arisu swiftly intervened. "You needn't trouble yourself by heading to the infirmary in this rain."

She simply responded to my query with a smile. "And let you meet that person of yours without properly bandaging your right palm?"

"As I've said, I can manage it myself."

"I'm sorry, but I can predict your actions. First, you'll meet that person, and second, you'll head to the infirmary, right?" She spoke as if seeing through my intentions.

There was little to say in response, so I merely nodded in agreement.

"Just as I thought, you're determined to follow your plan regardless of the pain you might endure," she sighed, adding, "That's why I feel compelled to accompany you."

After walking for a while, we arrived at the infirmary. I closed the umbrella, and together, we entered the room.

"Walking under the same umbrella feels nice," Arisu murmured, catching me off guard.

Curious about her words, I gave her a questioning look as we walked.

"Anyway, I'll wait here in the waiting room. So, hurry back, alright?" she requested.

Seated on a nearby bench, she carried herself like a true princess.

Observing her actions, it was easy to guess where this was headed. However, I failed to understand the purpose behind it, prompting me to speak up.

"So you're planning to come along too? What exactly are you after, Arisu?"

Now that she had escorted me to the infirmary, her waiting for me seemed unnecessary. If she did, it could only be because she wanted to accompany me when I met Mashima-sensei. While I hadn't disclosed the person I was meeting yet, it appeared that she wanted to witness it firsthand.

"Indeed," she stated, lifting one finger to emphasize her point while keeping it near her lips.

Her observation was accurate; I hadn't disclosed my intentions to her, just as she hadn't to me. Thus, it seemed fair to maintain an equal exchange.

Recognizing the truth in her words, I realized that expecting a different reaction from her would be unreasonable. In that case, I supposed it was only fair to permit her similar discretion.

"I suppose you're welcome to join me. Given my knowledge that your interests aren't aligned against me, that's enough to decide on the next steps," I responded.

Her response was laced with an air of amusement as she expressed her anticipation for our impending encounter.

***

Arisu turned her gaze towards me as I arrived, addressing me by name. "You've made it, Ayanokouji-Kun."

"Yes, the nurse mentioned that the injury wasn't severe, so my right palm was the only part bandaged."

"I'm relieved to hear that," she said with a sigh, a weight seemingly lifted off her shoulders.

As I drew nearer, it was evident that her relief was accompanied by a tremor. It wasn't due to the relief alone, though; her damp hair indicated she'd been standing in the rain for a while.