𝙉𝙄𝙉𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙀𝙉

𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙝 𝙈𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙝𝙞𝙨, 𝙏𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙚
𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙠𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙑𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝘼𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙨
♕ 𝗗𝗮𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗹 𝗛𝗮𝗺𝘇𝗮 𝗚𝗿𝗲𝗲𝗻 ♕

I stood in the mirror and ran my washcloth across my face as I got ready for my meeting with the head coach from Toledo State. I was excited for the offer to actually be in play because I know that the offer alone will introduce so many interests from so many more schools that I would actually be interested in.

"Hold me! Closer in these, trying times, suppose to be mine, Baby!" I sang alone as I nodded my head along. I was fucking with Drake new shit. It made me really look at my relationship with Inala in a different way. It reminded me of the old us and how far we've came from that weird shit we used to do to each other.

"Baby." Nana called out walking into the bathroom with her hair wrapped up. I'm guessing she just woke up cause of my music. She was asleep when I left the room to start getting ready. I had to be there by 8 so I was trying to get out of the house by 7:15.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and laid her head against my back. I hung my wash cloth up and started oiling my hair as the song played. "Based on the way you apologize, When you came to see me and then, you have the nerve to defenddddd mistakes that you made at the endddd!" She sung along.

"Feeling the song too much." I said, she laughed.

"You the one who playing it," She said. "What you feeling what he saying or something?"

"Hell yeah," He said. "You ain't shit, simple."

She started laughing but I didn't find the joke so I just stared at her. She was laughing all loud and shit like my people wasn't taking naps right now. "Boy if I ain't shit then why you dealing with me?"

I shrugged before looking in the mirror. I didn't know the answer to that because I liked her and I knew I wanted to be with her but I couldn't get over how she refused to tell me anything about her.

"It just make me feel a way when you don't wanna open up to me and tell me more about you. I don't really mean you ain't shit cause I wanna be with you but I don't know what else you come with. I want to get to know you better Nana." I expressed before looking over at her.

She stood there pushing her lips out and tapping her foot with her arms folded. "Daleel, really?" She said.

"Stop being defensive because I'm not even coming at you like that right now. I'm being forreal with you."

She huffed. "I can't tell you anything I don't know," She said. "My mom won't tell me anything about my real family because she doesn't know. She found me as a baby and raised me, I wasn't adopted."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "You wasn't adopted?"

"No," She said. "She found me. She saved me."

I didn't know what she meant by that but I needed to know what she meant by saved. "What do you mean? Explain what you saying. Where she find you? How did she save you?"

I could tell she was about to start crying so I tried comforting her. I held onto her as she pouted with her arms folded. "It's embarrassing," She whined. "Nobody knows this but my friends and my mom."