If I Can Love You, Why Can't You? - Chp 13 [Everything]

And how can I stand here with you and not be moved by you?/Would you tell me how could it be any better than this?/Cause you're all I want, You're all I need/You're everything,everything/You're all I want your all I need/You're everything, everything/You're all I want you're all I need/You're everything, everything/You're all I want you're all I need, you're everything, everything~Lifehouse - Everything

What felt like many hours later my eyes heavily pulled back and opened. The room was dark, I couldn’t see basically anything, I closed my eyes tight and then opened them again my eyes adjusting slowly.

Scanning the room I didn’t get far as the first thing I saw was Will, his chin was on the edge of the bed and his face was buried into the beds mattress. His arm that was visible was out, following it I realized it was sitting on my shoulder, practically bare as I only now had my white singlet on, his thumb was doing circular motions along my skin and as soon as I realized my heart began to thump and my skin reacted.

Reaching out tentatively I let my fingers fall into his hair “Will” I whispered softly.

His head snapped up and instantly his face fell into relief. But barely noticeable there was a hint of anxiety. He attempted to smile, weakly.

“Will” I began again my voice still low “what happened?”

He grabbed my hand that was in his hair and so softly he cradled it to his face. My breath instantly became uneven. “Tanz,” he whispered “What do you remember?”

I blinked numerous times until I spoke “A flash of brown, you.” I said smiling faintly.

His shoulders slumped, relaxed. “So the injection didn’t work.” He murmured to himself.

“Wait, what injection?” I asked my voice not so soft as I grew alarmed almost practically flinging up out of bed but I liked where I was, where Will was.

Will smiled weakly “I'll explain. Don’t worry it’s okay darlin’.” Will cooed his thumb again soothing me as it stroke the hand he still held to his cheek. He looked tired, sleepy. “Well probably by now what you gathered about three hours or so ago was that we cannot tell others about our true identity. That’s why I never told you, it’s breaking an oath in our world.” I sat still, silent, waiting. “So they discovered somehow that I was close to you and they suspected I'd tell.”

I couldn’t keep quiet anymore “Who did they figure it out?” I asked intrigued as if it was someone else’s crazy interesting life and not mine.

“Gabe and Ty were discussing your remark from the other night, they were talking about how they worried that I'd let you in or give you a hint; like that book. They weren’t going to tell, but Grant overheard. He told dad and they showed up as you remembered.”

My mouth dropped “That was your dad and brother?” I spluttered. Some family introduction.

He smiled weakly as if he could read my thoughts “They were just following orders, what the law is. If somebody finds out there is an injection hat deals with your recent memories; clears them or more drastic and morbid measures – depending on the amount of time they’ve known – we have to kill them.”

I tried to close my mouth but I was just so stunned. So Will hadn’t told me because he was trying to protect me? Not because he didn’t like me. Man did I feel stupid. “So,” I said numbly “I had an injection?” I asked his thumb keeping me calm as my inner self jumped upside and down like crazy literally freaked.

“Yea, you did. Grant leapt and knocked you over and you hit your head against a rock, and he tried to inject you.” He pulled my hand away from his face and turned it over and there on the back of my wrist was a slight red mark, even pink; where the needle went. “I pulled him off and tried to suck out any of the liquid that may have got in.” his fingers drummed along the back of my hand.