Forever

3 Months Later

"Riley baby come here." I say.

I heard tiny footsteps come closer towards me. When she reached my legs I picked her up and carried her towards her room.

"What do you want to wear?" I asked.

She pointed at an outfit that surprisingly went together. I got her dressed and then let her play around with her toys.

I went and got myself dressed in something comfortable yet stylish.

I sprayed on some cologne and put on jewelry before going back to get Riley

I sprayed on some cologne and put on jewelry before going back to get Riley. I made sure to pack her bag with extra diapers, snacks, and her tablet.

I grabbed what I needed before locking up my house. I strapped Riley in her car seat and put her sippy cup in her cup holder.

My first destination was the studio. Despite dropping an album some months ago I was already working on another one. I just had so much to get off my chest. Majority of it being about Maddy.

Speaking of her, we've been okay. Cordial for the most part. I've actually lost all hope of us getting back together. Now it kinda is what it is.

A part of me realized that I'm not as wrong as I thought I was. I never cheated on her with Cassie, we were broken up when I got Lani pregnant, and like an honest person I immediately told her about it when I found out.

At this point I'm not so sure what she's really upset or mad about. I guess it's because she didn't like seeing me with someone else and that she felt that all my kids were supposed to also be hers.

But we can't always get what we want. And it's not like this shit matters anymore. She literally has a boyfriend.

I ain't gonna front like I don't miss her because I do. But what can I really do about it?

I pulled up to the studio and got Riley out the car. When I entered the room I sat my daughter on the couch. I put Dora on her tablet and made sure to put her headphones on. I opened up a pack of fruit snacks for her while I went to work.

This was one of the very rare times that Jaden wasn't producing anything for me. The producer went over this sample that he had from working with a different artist.

I liked it and got straight to work on my verses. I decided to use the sample as the hook. Writing verses was always fast and easy for me especially when I was writing about personal shit.

I finished up the last part of my verse before going to record it.

[sample, verse]

I know you miss me
Who it's gon' be if it ain't me, lil' baby?
I'm in your city
'Cause I need it one more time
Might lose it all, I swear
I need it tonight, ooh, ah