48. Truth Be Told

A few weeks later

"You two have to be the most stubborn pair of idiots I've ever seen in my life." Casper nonchalantly drawled as he took a long sip of his lemon water.

Angelina shook herself out of her trance, forcing her gaze away from Mason training. She'd been ogling him on the field for more than half an hour as he ran hurdles with several Pack members. She knew Mason had been aware of her presence from the first moment she stepped on the field and claimed one of the seats someone had placed at the edge of the training field for herself.

Casper perched on the empty chair beside hers, crossing his long legs. "You might want to wipe the drool on your chin."

"I'm not drooling." Angelina retorted.

"You sure about that?"

Angelina swiped her fingers against her lips and chin. Her fingers came away dry. She gave Casper a bland stare as the man himself chuckled under his breath.

"What do you want Casper?" She asked tiredly.

"Oh, nothing in particular, just wanted to see how my favourite Luna was doing but I see I shouldn't have bothered."

"Yes, as you can see, I'm doing perfectly fine."

"You might want to cool off the level of heat you're throwing his way. He won't be able to keep focus for too long if you continue watching him so intently."

Was her cheeks burning?

Or was the sudden heat running through her body a sign she could have a swing at the man?

Before she could decide, Casper spoke again. "He loves you." This statement was spoken so softly, she barely caught it.

"Casper."

She had no idea how to respond. The statement had come out of nowhere. It was like Casper knew what to say to make her listen.

"And you love him." Casper continued, sounding so sure of himself.

"I..."

"You love him." Casper repeated. "Have you told him?"

Angelina shook her head.

"Why the delay?"

"I don't want to scare him off."

"No offense Luna but that sounds like utter bullshit. Whatever is holding you back needs to be taken out of the equation. You need to pull up your big girl panties and tell the man that you love him."

"You make it sound so easy."

"It is easy. The first time I told Dani I loved her; I just said it. It was quite romantic. We fucked nonstop for several days after that." He shared.

Angelina struggled with a response.

She felt relieved seeing that Mason was now approaching them. Casper took the opportunity to dart away before Mason reached them. Before he departed, he simply saluted her, like she was about to embark to war. Like a fool, she returned the gesture. She saw Casper laugh but then Mason was in her view, stealing away her undivided focus.

"Hey." Mason greeted her with a small smile.

She would be lying if she said she hadn't just experienced butterflies in that moment he turned his full attention on her.

He was a sweaty mess, only wearing a pair of baggy basketball shorts that stopped at his knees. His skin glistened with perspiration under the blistering sun. A few dirt marks lined his arms but other than that, Mason was completely injury free. He didn't look drained either. His cheeks were slightly flushed from the heat, but he wasn't sunburnt.