44

"What are you getting?" Colby asked as I shrugged. "I know you want to babysit me but can't I just shop by myself?" I asked as we walked through the store.

"I can't do that." Colby said as I clenched my jaw. "Of course. I don't really care though, I'm going." I said then went to go to the medicine.

I needed some sort of antibiotic for my leg and I didn't want Colby to know about it.

I wanted to deal with it myself so I could have some sort of control.

"Julia." Colby groaned and followed me. "I'll be fine. Just meet me at the register." I said and turned to look at him.

"You're inferiating." He said as I nodded and turned back around.

It wasn't going to be the end of the world if I walked around the store in the middle of nowhere.

Nobody was going to get me and if they did then who fucking cares.

I walked down the aisles, trying to find something that would help with my leg.

I decided on Neosporin and some big bandaids since they would probably help.

Once I had those I went to grab myself some food. I wasn't hungry but knew I would want to get some stuff since I was going to be bored.

I grabbed some stuff that I could cook and bake since there was a kitchen in the little house we were staying in.

It would give me something to do.

Once I was done getting my stuff I went to the register where Colby was standing.

He looked moderately annoyed but seemed relieved when I came walking over.

"See? I survived." I said then handed him my basket. "Ha." He said then looked around.

"Did you see someone?" I asked quietly. "No, just making sure." He said then went to pay for our stuff.

Once it was all paid for we went back to the car. "I think I'm gonna try and cook something. You aren't allowed to have any though." I said causing him to roll his eyes.

"You're really annoying, you know that?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I'm just messing with you...well kinda." I said with a laugh. "Very fun. Very cute. I don't actually want any of your food." He grumbled as I nodded.

"Good, I don't want to share." I said as we got to the car. "What are you making?" Colby asked as he started the car.

"That doesn't concern you." I said, throwing his signature phrase back at him. "Very funny." He grumbled and focused on the road.

It was so funny getting under his skin because it was just so fucking easy.

Sure, he would snap at me and get aggressive but he wasn't nearly as scary as he was the first time he took me.

When we got back to the house I unpacked my groceries then went to put the Neosporin on my wound.

I was honestly surprised that it was burning so bad because I thought that Colby cleaned it before stitching me up.

When I sat on the couch, I pulled my leg up and looked at the wound. It had somehow gotten worse which had me a little worried.

"What are you doing?" Colby asked as I yanked my pant leg down. "Nothing." I said as he narrowed his eyes. "Your leg is infected isn't it." He said in a matter of fact tone.

"No." I said and crossed my arms. "Then show me." He said and cocked his head to the side.

"I don't have to show you anything." I said as he nodded, leaning down to pull my pant leg up.