Tie the knot (PART 1)

And now you're a little conflicted. Unfortunately, you can't please anyone and either way you're going to get backlash, so why do you care? 

Because it's supposed to be perfect! 

That's why! 

It's supposed to feel amazing, gratifying, fluffy, and light like it is in the movies! 

But it's nothing like the freaking movies. 

It's stressful and hard to plan, it isn't falling into place and the words 'smooth sailing' could not be far enough away from how you're feeling. 

It's hard to take all these variables into consideration on top of the sheer amount of everything else you had to do. 

Like weather slowing the delivery of the food, and the cake decorator getting sick- all unpredicted variables that were slowing your progress. 

The only things that were going well for you were your actual relationship, which ironically is supposed to be the focal point of the wedding. 

Lately, the both of you would fall asleep watching TV while he held you close to his chest, listening to his steady unwavering heartbeat as you talk about really anything. 

He doesn't give you much more than grunts as responses, but it's enough because you get to be near him and it feels right. 

But since the wedding is nearing, his work kicked up a few notches in preparation for the time he will take off. 

So the little time he got to spend at home is spent in the staff lounge or sleeping in his office. 

The only time you really get to talk to him is when you facetime him before you go to bed. 

Your life is pretty much miserable right now, despite the luxury apartment you have to yourself the variety of designer clothes, and the only thing coming in from your company was good news - despite all this, your heart still aches, like it's missing something. 

A vital part of your routine and life has been yanked away from you, and your primary support is gone. 

You're now dealing with an entire load of stress alone. You miss him and you want nothing more but to tell him, but you simply don't have the time. 

I guess it will have to wait until the wedding? 

And since the wedding is not just a wedding but a place where both of you will hold no more secrets, it had to be perfect. 

You decided that only trusted members of the press would be allowed to attend the reception and the rest of the wedding would be perfectly intimate with your friends, and family. 

Enough moping around! You have arrangements to make!

________________________________________________________

And your hard work ended up paying off! Here you were, sitting in front of a foreign vanity having the last touch-ups to your hair done while your mother-in-law-to-be was finishing up the final pieces to your bouquet. 

You have a wonky giddy smile on your face as you watch your reflection change from the person you normally see in the reflection to someone who almost looks completely different. 

It feels foreign as your movements are mimicked, but not in a bad way. 

New confidence swells in your chest at the thought of being able to call that man your husband, a happiness that wasn't so new, and the feeling was certainly welcomed with open arms. 

And as you got ready to change, your brand new reception dress and the beaming smile on your face and it all comes together and finally seems real and the feeling of your heart hammering on your chest starts to feel real as well. 

Your heart might just jump out of your chest if you aren't careful, and as they tighten the corset, not only does the air leave your lungs, but so does the worry. 

And a flood of reassurance washes over you because it was exactly as you had imagined it, no, it was better. 

A beautiful autumn day with orange and yellow, roses, and hedge leaves lining the road to your venue, was perfect. 

You smile and take the bouquet from your mother-in-law's arms.

 And finally, she pulls earrings from her pocket, ruby and silver. It matches the roses in your bouquet and it's skillfully pushed into your hair as you finally leave to greet your guests.