39. "Dad, I want a Bagel"

Dave

"Whatchu even saying?"

"I'm saying the tour cancelled" I sent the photos I took of the display and sent it to my PI.

"Why all of a sudden? what happened?" Steph was in our bedroom getting dressed for the day. We decided the other day the kids didn't have to go to school and we'd go out and spend the day together but change of plans

Nobody leaving this house

It was the next morning and I had workers clear out that mess in the front after taking photos. Before anyone woke up I made sure they was working down there

"And now you want me to stay in the house with you and the kids and you not telling me nothing. We had a whole day planned out remember?"

I watched her as she slid into some yoga pants. I don't want to tell her everything about what's happening but I know I'm going to have to tell her something

Last night, I told O and Sean to enter from the back way towards the studio area in the basement. O be on some IT tech shit always has been. We walked around the house just checking if anything was broken into, checking the cameras he going through those seeing if they all working.

He found two unknown cameras connected in my house. I left them on and going with the flow, like it's some normal day.

I don't ever lie to Stephanie. "come here."

She stared at me through the mirror before sliding her shirt over her head and putting it on as she walked towards me "what's going on hmm?" She smoothed in between my brows "wrinkles. Talk to me peanut"

I pulled my phone out unlocking it as the photos popped up and I handed it to her " hmm" I balled my fist up getting mad all over again

Stephanie scrolled through the photos in silence as she zoomed in on the three small figures she cried "Whoever doing this got two surveillance systems set up in the house. One in the foyer one in the family room."

She got up quickly towards the closet dragging out a bag cursing underneath her breathe "fuck fuck fuck"

"Stephanie." I moved from out my seat trying to calm her down "mamas calm down please"

"Nah ain't no calm down. My children's lives being threatened. And you want me to stay and do what exactly ?! Huh?!"

I engulfed her stopping her from moving around "I thought you I got you. Let me protect y'all steph please. I already got things working on this shit. I promise it'll be handled by the end of the week"

She cried as she wrapped her arms around my torso. She fell to the ground as she stared at my phone again

We sat in silence for a few minutes until she had something to say. She pointed at the photo at the pendant that was around her cutout "do you have this?"