36| Dirty Doctor

How you wish you could evaporate right now.

When you're shoved outside Jungkook's office, you try to protest but you realize you're thrown into the arms of a man outside that waits for you.

Kim Namjoon.

Wisps of the man's silver hair strokes his creased forehead as his firelit eyes study you. Not this bitch again, he must think.

Your lips part in response but you're not sure what to say when Namjoon's towering over you and you can smell his Burberry perfume.

Crap. Did he hear all the commotion you caused in Jungkook's office?

At the thought, you step away from him, waiting for your dribbling heat to slow down before you mumble, "Eavesdropping is a bad habit."

In response, the man shoves his big hands into his pockets, nibbling on his lower lip like he's guilty. But then, without a warning, Namjoon leans into you so close that he's breathing on your cheeks.

You nearly topple backwards in surprise but his steel gaze holds you prisoner. "You know what else is a bad habit?"

You wait, spellbound to his superior brown eyes that curl with a burst of amusement.

"Choking your boss."

Oh God no.

There's a radiant color downing your cheeks as you flounder in embarrassment.

Satisfied with your reaction, Namjoon leans away from you before suddenly snorting. "Damn, Y/N. I can't believe after everything, you still decided to work for Jungkook. Do you even try to hide your little thing for him?"

That makes you roll your eyes. "Please," you huff. "I would rather have a crush on you."

There's a look on Namjoon's face that makes you nearly laugh.

"According to my calculations," he says, voice slim. "Some dog has already got his claim on you. Besides—I'm a married man. I have seven kids at home."

This time, you laugh, and Namjoon shakes his head at you. "I'm serious."

Abruptly, you stop laughing, blinking at him. "What?" You cannot believe him. "So does that mean coochie destroyer is an accurate—"

"Let—Let me show you the medical wing," he cuts you off, his voice a stagger in heat as he changes the topic inconveniently.

You press your lips together to stifle a nasty grin.

Namjoon doesn't make eye contact with you as the two of you wait for the elevator. He clears his throat. "I'm only rushing because I don't want Jungkook to come out of his office and fire us for talking."

"Sure," you respond, wondering how the hell you even got this job.

If you beat Jungkook up and still haven't got fired, then talking about non-work related things with Namjoon isn't gong to hurt.

When the elevator arrives, the two of you enter and Namjoon starts to explain to you about the basics of the company.

Bangtan Sonyeondan.

It's a designer clothing company that you had no idea would be run by a man like Jungkook. When you first met him at the bakery, you thought he would be a drug dealer because he chased after you for a file that was suspiciously illegal.

But only no do you realize that his suits and wardrobe has always been exotic. Even the employees are dressed up modestly.

In the elevator, while you're deep in thought, Namjoon continues to yap about work norms. And his voice is so different when he talks about work that you can't believe he's the same man you met a few days ago.