37| Sherlock Whore

"Sorry to interrupt," comes a voice, and you turn to watch Jimin standing by Jungkook's door, a smirk on his lips.

Jungkook's voice drops an octave low. "What do you want, Jimin?"

At his question, Jimin raises a brow. "I'm surprised you forgot," he says, sending you a quick glance. "Seems like you've got a lot on your mind."

There's a hard glare on Jungkook's face that only makes Jimin wink at him in return.

"Just drop the files and leave, Hyung." Jimin rolls his eyes as he slowly walks toward you.

"Can't I at least say hello to my girlfriend here? And come on, give my small legs some justice, will you? I walked all the way here from the bakery to deliver these to you."

Bangtan's Bakery?

You blink at Jimin. "You don't work here?"

He laughs before his lips twitch into a cunning smile "Hell no, darling. I have cheap standards of making a living."

A spiral of confusion shapes your face. Bangtan's Bakery is anything but cheap. Jimin suddenly leans in, his cologne swishing under you nose. A combo of sweet spice and cigarettes. 

"I have other cheap jobs," comes his whisper, laced with secrecy and mischief. "And if you ever wanna be, you know, entertained, then you can always—"

"Hyung," interrupts Jungkook behind Jimin. "That won't be necessary."

The short man huffs in contempt, peering at Jungkook with a teenage sass that sends tingles down your arm. "What, Jungkook, are you finally jealous?"

In response, Jungkook's eyes go still and unperturbed. "Don't be ridiculous," he answeres. "You're wasting my time."

One of the corners of Jimin's lips bend with the start of a smirk. "Alright ok, calm your nipples, Jungkook. I'll leave so you can be alone with your childhood sweetheart. Y/N?" Jimin suddenly calls, eyes still on Jungkook.

You're not sure how to respond. Childhood sweetheart?

You narrow your eyes at Jungkook, but Jimin nudges your hand that's in your lap, making you peer down to see that he's handed you a business card of the place he works at.

A strip club.

On impulse, your gleaming eyes are drawn to Jungkook and he's already staring at you, daring you to say anything.

Just to annoy him, you give Jimin a warm smile. "I'll see if I can come by."

Jimin smiles at you his sweet, seductive smile. "Looking forward to it, princess."

Then, with another quick wink sent towards Jungkook, Jimin vanishes away and Jungkook switches to business mode, a low bass to his voice when he speaks.

"Will you take a seat?" He asks, a little irritated and you're not sure why. But then again, he's always like that.

Obeying, you sit, while also slipping Jimin's business card into your back pocket, earning a quick, silent look from Jungkook.

"What did Jimin mean by 'childhood sweetheart?' I swear to god, if we were classmates in kindergarten and I confessed my undying little crush for you then please fire me."

Jungkook stares at you for a moment. "I'll try not to take offense to that."

Awkward, you open your mouth to throw another sarcastic comment when Jungkook speaks again.

"I want to talk about work," he declares monotonously, eyes fixed on his laptop screen, jaw tight. You blink. Is he changing the subject?

"I'll send you a document with our new project. I won't assign you clients or patients until you're familiar with the company's basics. Our first parallel meeting is going to be tomorrow in my office. You will attend on the account of learning as much as you can while being my assistant."