(38) Harvest Season

After a night of good sleep, Si Yue woke up early in the morning. He immediately logged into the Panda Live app and entered the orchid channel. He was especially focused when the streamer gave the update about his little eleventh. He also took a look at the mutated first child and enjoyed listening to the streamer’s beautiful voice. Si Yue was suddenly startled. He always felt that Fu Yunruo’s voice was somewhat familiar, but before his brain made the connection, the door was suddenly knocked.

Thinking it was Auntie Mei, Si Yue got up to open the door, but was greeted by a huge camera lens.

“Surprise!”

“Morning, Brother Yue!” Wang Huaibei, who came with the cameraman, stood by Si Yue’s door, speaking exaggeratingly: “We want to see Brother Yue’s face when he just gets up! Hey! Brother Yue, why are you so handsome this early in the morning?”

Si Yue’s hair was yet to be combed and looked a bit messy. Still, wearing just a short-sleeved shirt and loose pants, his appearance wasn’t affected in the slightest.

Si Yue didn’t expect the production team to carry out a surprise attack. He frowned very faintly. What were they doing? Generally, in order to ensure that the stars wouldn’t say anything wrong or show unsightly sights when caught off guard, even live variety shows still had a prepared script. Therefore, the crew would notify the casts and guests in advance prior to any surprise attack. Yet, no one notified Si Yue this time.

Si Yue immediately thought of Chang Zhuyou, the young master of Chang Group. Since that guy couldn’t put pressure on Apple Entertainment, did he decide to pressure the production team instead? How much self-confidence did he have to believe that he could do whatever he wanted?

“Brother Yue, can we go in and take a look at your room?” Weng Huaibei pointed inside and said with a smile, “The audiences are looking forward to it.”

Si Yue stepped aside indifferently. Since they wanted to get in, just let them in. Anyway, he always paid attention to his privacy outside. If Wang Huaibei could find anything, he would even admire him.

Xin Xu heard the movement from the next room. He opened the door and strung in: “How unfair. I want to protest! Why are you only surprising Brother Yue and not me?”

Weng Huaibei replied: “A surprise has to come one by one.”

“What’s my surprise?” Xin Xu looked at Weng Huaibei with joy.

The latter pretended to be mysterious, “You will know later.”

Under Xin Xu’s interruption, the intruders quickly exited Si Yue’s room. Before leaving, Wang Huaibei gave a card with the show logo to Xin Xu and Si Yue: “I am delivering today’s task card.”

Xin Xu looked over curiously, “What is today’s task?”

The word ‘Harvest’ was written on the card.

Weng Huaibei didn’t stay long and soon left with the cameraman.

Xin Xu was worried about the task card. What did the word mean?

Si Yue pointed out: “The harvest season has come.”

“What?”

Xin Xu didn’t understand the meaning of Si Yue’s words, until Uncle Mei and Auntie Mei returned. The rice crops in the village had matured and needed to be harvested. Uncle Mei and Auntie Mei had also gone to another family in the village to help today. That family didn’t plant much rice, so four households formed a group and finished the harvest in one day.

The harvest season was also the liveliest time in the village. Basically, the villagers would help each other. Each household had negotiated beforehand. Today, they would harvest this family’s rice, then move to harvest that family’s rice tomorrow. This way, the number of workers increased, and the harvest could be done faster.