brooklyn

I slid down towards the bathroom floor, my head between my knees, fingers pulling at my hair. I couldn't breathe, I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

My period was late. I'd gained weight. I threw up twice just this morning, the nauseous feeling I had in my stomach never going away. Recognizing the obvious signs, I'd decided to drive to the drugstore and pick up a couple of pregnancy tests as soon as Shawn left for work, so he wouldn't be there when I found out the truth.

So there I was. My body limp against the wall, three white sticks face up in front of me. All positive. I was pregnant. I had a little human growing inside of me. Shawn and I's little human.

I groaned, banging the back of my head against the surface behind me, only worsening the state of my pounding headache. I was too young, we were too young. Shawn's going to be furious. I could already imagine his cheeks getting red with anger, yelling at me for forgetting to take my birth control pill that day, telling me this was all my fault, leaving me to take care of myself and his child all alone.

I began to cry hard at the endless possibilities of how this could end, but freezing and hurriedly wiping my tears away when I heard a whistle outside the door.

"Babe, I have news!" he shouted. I could almost hear the smile in his voice.

Slowly opening the door, I slipped out quickly and shut it fast so he wouldn't be able to see the tests.

"Yeah? What's up?" I beamed, not wanting to ruin Shawn's mood, wrapping my arms around his torso and resting my chin on his chest.

"I'm going on my own headline tour! I'm gonna be performing all over Europe and North America!" he said giddily, biting his lips, jumping in excitement.

"Shawn, that's amazing!" I squealed, kissing his lips, grinning from ear to ear. The smile playing on my lips faded as I realized, what about the baby? Would Shawn be gone on tour the entirety of my pregnancy?

"U-Uh, Shawn, how long do you think you would be gone?" I stuttered, looking down at our intertwined fingers, deciding on whether or not to tell him just yet.

"I'm not sure," he said, lips turned down slightly, "maybe eight months? I know it's a long time, but we can make it w-"

"Shawn, I'm pregnant."

He froze. His lips parted as if he were about to say something, but snapped shut swiftly, his eyes not blinking even once. My heart started to race and my body started to shake in anticipation for an answer, some type of reaction, anything.

"I'm so sorry," I sobbed, letting go of his hands and covering my face with my palms, backing away a few inches.

"What? Why are you sorry?" he whispered, removing my small hands from my cheeks and tilting my chin up, only for me to see the sparkle in his caramel eyes and the toothy grin he was giving me.

"Y/n that's amazing, oh my God, I'm gonna be dad," he gasped, mouth agape as he pulled me to his body.

"You aren't mad?" I said, eyes wide in disbelief.

"Why would I be mad? Baby, this is great news."

I started laughing, the weight on my chest disappearing, relief flooding throughout my body.

"You're right," I began, standing on my toes so that I could look him in the eyes, pecking his soft lips, "we're going to be parents."

"But wait," I scowl, shoulders drooping once again, the frown returning to my face, "you'll be gone. You'll be on tour, traveling the world, while I'm stuck here suffering morning sickness and baby kicks."

"No, you won't," he drawled, looking down into my eyes, "because you're coming with me. You're going on tour with me."

I gasped, running into his arms and wrapping my legs around his waist. He laughed loudly as I covered my mouth, shrieking. Just the thought of traveling the world with him while watching what he loves to do most was overwhelmingly exciting.

"Are you serious?"

"One hundred percent. I already talked to Andrew. It's all planned out babygirl," he mumbled, hugging me tight.

"Hey," he pondered, setting me down gently, "I think I have a perfect name for the baby."

"What would that be?" I hummed, smiling up that the beautiful boy above me.

"Brooklyn."

"Brooklyn?" I mocked, raising an eyebrow, thinking it was a joke. He looked at me with all seriousness in his eyes, waiting for a response. I was about to tell him it was a silly idea, that no parent should ever name their child after a city, but the more I thought about it, the more familiar it tasted on my tongue. It was perfect.

"I love it."

------

yo yo yo what's up im alive

trying to be active and update daily but ugh it's hard for me to write when i overthink every little word cause i just want everything to be perfect for yall and i want you guys to like it hahaadmakjkl

have a super great night/day/week vote comment follow tell me what ya think it helps me out so incredibly much i love you all so much thank you!!!!!