(49) He Is Not Worthy As A Father

After a while, Si Yue said meaningfully: “Speaking of which, I haven’t received my payment yet.”

“!!!” Wenwen quickly turned his head at Si Yue and covered his cheeks vigilantly.

Si Yue raised his eyebrows, “What? Do you want to break the contract?”

Wenwen’s eyes flickered, and then he argued confidently: “Uncle Yue is the one who forgot!” It wasn’t his fault! At-at most, he just didn’t remind him!

Wenwen had made mental preparation to accept the fate of having his cheeks being pinched every day. But on the first and second days, Si Yue didn’t do anything. Thinking that he had forgotten, Wenwen was delighted.

But it turned out that Si Yue still remembered!

“What’s gone is gone! You cannot bring the past again!” Wenwen tried to fool Si Yue.

Si Yue glanced at the boy and smiled, “The contract does not state the time limit for my payment. These past few days, I’m just saving it up.”

Wenwen: “…” His face hurted.

“Let’s start now.” Si Yue motioned for Wenwen to come over.

Wenwen turned to Fu Yunruo for help, “Mom…”

Fu Yunruo held back his smile and said solemnly, “Wenwen, you must fulfill your promise. If you break the contract, the agreement will be invalid, and Uncle Yue will stop being our bodyguard.”

Wenwen: “…” Right. He still needed Si Yue to protect his mother.

Despondent, Wenwen finally walked to Si Yue and offered his face with an expression of a martyr: “Do it!”

Wenwen closed his eyes. His long eyelashes trembled, and a moment later, he quietly begged: “Do it lighter, please…”

Si Yue replied with a chuckle. He first went to wash his hands before sitting next to the boy and began to pinch his cheeks. Said to be pinching, but in fact, Si Yue was simply touching and rubbing around with the tips of his fingers. He had to admit — this soft jelly-like sensation was quite addicting.

On the side, Fu Yunruo laughed silently while covering her stomach.

Not long after, Fu Yunruo heard some noises outside, so she left the two guys and went out to check.

Outside the fence, villagers with farming tools in their hands were blocking a smaller group of people.

Auntie Mei asked the first question as she looked at the bunch of outsiders suspiciously, “What are you doing in our Shanghe Village?”

Seeing the villagers’ attitude, Fang Wanping frowned very slightly before replying in a gentle tone, “Hello, everyone. We are Fu Yunruo’s family.”

“Thank you for taking care of our Ruoruo.” Fang Wanping’s voice was full of gratitude.

The villagers still did not let their guard down. After Fu Yunruo’s life experience circulated on the internet, the villagers also learned about it and even made up many sobbing details with their imagination, turning Fu Yunruo into a pitiful little girl.

After having a stepmother, the father became a stepfather. What was she if not pitiful?

Auntie Mei let out a faint oh, and glared sharply at this beautiful woman, “You are Ruoruo’s black-hearted stepmother!”

Fang Wanping looked helpless. People’s hearts were biased. They had been with Yunruo for a long time and naturally were closer to her, so Fang Wanping could fully understand their action of defending Yunruo. Since time immemorial, being a stepmother was never easy.