Chapter Three - Bridesmaid drama + family getaway

Evelyn wrung her hands together after she knocked on the door to Harry's cottage

Evelyn wrung her hands together after she knocked on the door to Harry's cottage.  She knew she ought to start saying Harry and Meghan's cottage but he had lived in the cottage for so long as a bachelor that it just felt right.

The door opened up moments later revealing the ginger she came to see as hewer a smile on his face.

"Eve," he greeted her.  "Come in," he opened the door wider.

"Thanks Harry," she smiled at her brother-in-law as she made her way further into the cottage.  

She was wearing white skinny pants along with a white and black polka dot blouse and a pink form fitted blazer over top completed with her favourite nude heels.  Her blonde hair down straight for the day.  

"So, what brings you over?" He asked making them both some tea as he knew exactly how she liked it with a dash of milk.

"Thanks," she told him as her hands cupped the teacup.

Normally before he would have never asked why she would show up without making sure it was okay.  

"How's Meghan adjusting to this life?" Evelyn asked him after she sipped her tea.

"You came to chat about my fiancé?" He asked confused.

"Well no," she gave an awkward smile.  "I actually came to chat about the kids but I was also curious about Meghan too."

"She's doing quite well, granny is happy with what she is seeing," he tells her with a smile.  "What's going on with the kids?  Are they okay?"

"Yeah, they're good," she says whilst she nods her head.  "That's actually what I came to chat with you about.  The children miss you.  You hardly come by anymore unless its wedding related."

"I know," he ran his hand through his hair.  "I miss them too.  I feel like I've been a bad uncle."

"Your not.  The kids really love you, Harry.  They just want to see more of you."

"I promise to stop by more.  It's just the wedding planning is so crazy."

"Believe me, I know.  You just gotta make time for those you love otherwise its pretty easy to slip into the groomzilla mode."

"Groomzilla?" He guffawed and shook his head.

"You know instead of bridezilla..." she teased him.

"You think I'm becoming groomzilla?"

"What Meghan wants, Meghan gets," she mocked him in regards to the tiara drama that happened a few weeks ago.

"Okay, okay, I get it," he waved his hand.  "That was pretty bad but I apologised to grannie so it's all good."

Evelyn wasn't quite so sure.  She felt bad for the Queen as it seemed this wedding for some reason was bringing out a side in Harry that she had never seen before - his worst side.  But she didn't want to argue anymore as she finished the last bit of her tea.