Chapter 58

Y/N POV 

"You're alive!" Jimin ran into Yoongi and squeezed him with every ounce of strength he had.

"Y-yes, I'm alive" Yoongi hugged him back.

I laughed at the dramatic scene as I walked into the house, instantly greeted by the smell of something delicious. I left my pack to celebrate Yoongi's survival and walked into the kitchen, finding Jin adding some things to a pot on the stove.

"Oh, I hope you don't mind. Jungkook was really craving some kimchi stew..." he looked guilty and it was so cute.
It was like deja vu, reminding me of when I came home to Yoongi cooking dinner for the first time.

"Not at all, I love kimchi stew" I smiled, taking in another deep breath to smell all the delicious goodness.

"Did they experiment on you?"
"Did they hurt you?"
"Did they take your blood?"
"How about your DNA?"
"I promise I'm fine, it really wasn't that bad!"

My pack seemed to be entertaining themselves in the living room, so I decided to take the opportunity to shower.

Laying on my bed, nice and clean, I took a moment to enjoy some alone time whilst the guys all hung out in the rest of the house. I opened up my laptop to resume my job search. If I couldn't get a pay rise, and there were no other positions open in my company, then I would have to find somewhere else.

There was no way I was going to rely on Yoongi to provide more income. It might help for a little while, and I appreciated his help so much, but soon enough he would exhaust his options for easier studies. I knew he would force himself to participate in the more intense ones, maybe even the ones that required him to stay at the centre for a while. I didn't want him to feel like he had to do that, I needed to be able to provide for them.

Maybe it wasn't such a bad thing to find a new job. I had been with my company for a few years now, it could be a fresh start. I had already applied for a few, it didn't hurt to try. I wasn't likely to receive a response from them anyway, the salaries were probably way too high for my experience level.

I opened up my emails, scanning through to see if I had any success, but sadly I did not. I did notice a few emails from the Hybrid Research Centre, however. There were my signed copies of the declarations and policies, confirmation of the 'study' we partook in today, an email stating that payments are processed every Wednesday, etcetera, etcetera.

This honestly did give me a bit more peace of mind. It seemed so legit and everything was documented. I found the email that Jun Lee promised to send me. It contained declaration forms, similar to the one I signed today before Yoongi's examination, for all of the different studies that were available to participate in.

My door slowly creaked open, and I looked up to see the panther hybrid shuffling into my room.

"You've been in here a while" he mumbled as he climbed onto the bed next to me.

I checked the time and realised he was right. I hadn't even noticed.

"Oh, sorry. I must have been concentrating too much. Look, Jun sent through all of the forms, did you wanna look at them?"
I slid the laptop over so that it was resting on both our legs, allowing us both to read through.

A lot of them involved pretty basic stuff, like x-rays, physical exertion tests, eye tests, testing sense of smell, taste, and hearing. Some of them were a little more intense, like allergy tests and trials with certain medications such as heat pills, painkillers, and the like.

Of course, I was going to let Yoongi decide what he wanted to do, it was his body afterall.

"We just sign the ones we want to do, and you drop me off tomorrow right?" he tried to recall what Jun had said.