Awakening part 2

Hey guyssss, I'm really sorry for taking so long to update again, please don't end me. 

Happy Holidays, (and Merry Christler to those who celebrate it which I only mention because I'm editing this at 4:30 am on Christmas day because who needs sleep anyways, not me)

Anyways here's the next chapter.

The second time that Hari awoke, it was slowly. Everything felt numb.

She opened her eyes to see curtains above her, curtains she recognized.

She was in her bedroom at spinner's end. 

She could feel that some strength had returned to her limbs, and, mustering it, she rolled onto her side.

Pushing herself up, she sat, feet dangling off the side of her bed. She caught her reflection in the mirror in the corner.

Her hair was everywhere, she looked half dead and she was wearing some kind of light blue soft hospital pyjamas.

Her room looked the same as when she had left it, the summer before third year, before she had gone to live with Sirius. Before everything.... before Sirius had- before Sirius - before.....

She raised her eyes upwards, she didn't need to cry right now. She needed to find Severus, she needed to know everything.

She raked her hair out of her hands, looking down at her hands as she realized they were shaking.

No, she had to calm down. That was irrational, stupid, being freaked out wouldn't solve anything.

She looked up as door glowed slightly three times, someone was knocking.

She pushed herself upwards off of her bed to make her way towards it. Her legs crumpled, giving out as she tried to stand. She fell to the floor, knees hitting the wood painfully, and crumpled forwards onto her hands.

The handle of the door turned and the person on the other side opened it. 

Draco Malfoy stood in the doorway, looking around the room. 

He was clearly breathing heavily, as if he had sprinted up the several flights of stairs to her room. His eyes went downwards in his scan of the room and he noticed her on the floor.

He ran the few steps to her then dropped and slide to a stop on his knees in front of her, pulling forwards into him and hugging her tightly.

She could feel his heavy breathing as she buried her face into his shoulder and wrapped her arms around him. She breathed in the slight scent of pine that seemed to always stick to him.

He felt so safe, he always did. His hands were in her hair and on her back. The warmth of home and safe filled her.

Her thoughts were interrupted as she realized he was shaking. His arms were tight around her, face buried in her hair as he shook. Was he sobbing?

She pushed herself away from him, managing to escape his tightly grasped embrace. She freed her clothing from his hands and cupped his cheeks in her palms. Tears were streaming down his face, tracing wet lines down from his salt filled blue eyes.

She brushed the tears off his face, wiping them away with her thumbs.

She smiled slightly, taking her hands back to say, 'It's ok, you're alright'

She gently wiped another tear off his face, leaving her hand on his cheek.

He cupped a hand over hers, staring at her. 

"I'm sorry," he leaned his face into her palm, "I was just so scared, so worried, that you wouldn't... that you wouldn't wake up."

He pulled her back towards him, burying his face in her hair. She could feel him shaking as he held her, arms so tight it felt like he was worried if he let go she would disappear. She wrapped her arms around him too, trying her best to hug him back tightly, wishing she wasn't so weak.

After a bit Draco seemed to register that she probably wasn't very comfortable staying on the floor where she had fallen. He stood, helping her up and she sat down on the edge of her bed. 

He sat next to her and she immediately curled into his side.

'How long has it been?' She asked suddenly, feeling the pressing urge to know.

"About four weeks?" He said, clearly watching for a reaction.

She just stared at him. Four weeks!? So much could happen in four weeks? People were probably not ok. She'd missed her exams. She had probably failed her O.W.Ls. Remus had been all alone. She had to contact him! Contact everyone! make sure they were ok.

She grabbed her wand off her night stand and raised it, attempting to cast-

A wave of nausea and weakness hit her and she collapsed forwards. Arms caught her as she tumbled off the bed, stopping her a split second before she hit the floor.

Any strength she had previously had was gone and there was nothing she could do but let Draco pull her back as far away from the edge of the bed with him as possible.

"You can't do magic right now, I'm sorry."

'What? why?' she questioned.

Everything felt heavy.

"Sev says your core is drained, it needs time to recover."

Everything was so so heavy, the world was spinning slightly and her eyes really didn't want to stay open.

She had questions, so many questions, but they had waited this long, they would wait a little longer.

She slid forwards so she was leaning against him, this was ok, ok for now, she was safe her. The heaviness grew heavier. She was safe her. She was s.......

[Draco's POV]

Draco watched as Hari slowly fell asleep against his chest, running a hand softly through her hair.

She looked like a mess, but she still somehow looked so cute. the way her tangled curls fell on her shoulder, the freckles speckled across her nose and cheeks, the softness she had. She was so beautiful and perfect. A beautiful crazy frustrating person who needed to stop being so reckless and caring and throwing herself into harms way for others cause her selflessness only got her hurt and he couldn't stand to see her hurt. 

His eyes found her lips, though that wasn't really a surprise to him. 

Her mouth in a tiny asleep smile. He hoped she was dreaming good dreams, hoped that she had al least some reprieve from the hell that has their lives. He didn't need that though, he had her.

She was his light, the reprieve from the hell that was his life, the only good thing in it, and he had her back.

He had her back and he was going to protect her. 

He wrapped her arms protectively around her, holding her to him gently. He had her back, and no one was going to take her away from him.