One

Imani fidgeted in her seat as she waited. She straightened her skirt once more and looked around the room. The room was eerily quiet, the only sound was of the secretary's typing which she could hear from behind her.

She waited and waited.

Waiting to hear her name get called. When it did, she froze. The heavily pregnant secretary said it again. "Ms Forde?"

She raised her head and offered a shy smile, standing up immediately. "Mr Pellegrino will see you now."

Imani nodded and followed the secretary into the large office where she saw the shadow of a tall yet wide man. The red headed secretary opened the door and Imani walked in, straightening her back.

"Sir, Ms Forde."

"Ah, thank you, Heather. Ms Forde, you can take a seat."

She noticed a man in the corner of the room who kept his eyes trained on her. His stare was making her uncomfortable and everything about him was making her feel uncomfortable. It was more of a glare. As if she had wronged him somehow. His dark hair was in a stylish but neat quiff and his inky eyes that almost looked black were sharp and never left her. He had a thinnish nose that matched that of his father's. He looked like a panther in his all black suit, which she could only guess cost way more than any item she had ever owned.

Imani shook Giovanni Pellegrino's hand and took a seat in front of him. "So Ms Forde... Thank you for coming today."

"Thank you for inviting me here, Mr Pellegrino." She said, smiling.

"I don't like her. Who's next?" Imani paused at the sound of the raspy voice. She turned towards who it had came from, astounded at the level of rudeness that had just been expressed towards her.

He hadn't moved a muscle. He was still in the same position, still training those incredibly dark eyes towards her. "I beg your pardon?" She finally managed to say after recovering from shock.

"Vincent, now-."

"Who. Is. Next?" He stated dryly, finally disregarding her and averting his glare to Giovanni.

As Imani opened her mouth to speak, the older man raised his hand for her not to, smiling so as not to make the action seem rude. "Ms Forde, this is my son Vincent. This is who you would be working for when Heather takes her leave and when I retire.. That is if you get the job."

"She won't." He grumbled, making Imani turn her head towards him again and stare at him in disgust.

"Excuse me, I really do-."

"Listen. To be quite frank, you don't fit the bill so please save yourself the trouble and walk right back out the way you came in." Imani blinked, unable to comprehend the manner in which the man had talked to her.

Imani looked between father and son. Giovanni's face had brightened in embarrassment and what she could only guess was anger at his son's behaviour. The deep and raspy voice continued. "Was there a part of that that you didn't understand?"

"Yes, actually. I don't understand how somebody can be so rude to someone that they don't even know." She replied, gathering her belongings.

"Hold on a minute, Ms Forde. Please excuse my son's behaviour but-."

"I don't need excusing, Giovanni. This woman is not up to scratch. Who is next?"

Imani scoffed and narrowed her eyes at Vincent. "You are a nasty piece of work and I feel extremely sorry for whoever ends up working for you."

Giovanni stood at the same time as she did. "Ms Forde don't leave, you were our top choice. My son is not usually like this," Taking one look at Vincent and his icy demeanour, she knew that he was in fact usually like that. "Please take a seat and we can discuss further."