SIXTEEN

A few hours later, Yuna woke up in a cold sweat. She looked to her side for her phone, checking the time just to see it was 4am. She had a huge headache and she felt extremely hot. Taehyung was still sound asleep and she did her best to get out of bed without waking him. Thankfully, she succeeded but almost stumbled as she stood on her feet. She threw on her robe and quietly made her way downstairs for some water.

Taehyung would roll to his other side, hugging the duvet closer to himself, still asleep, but something would tick him awake. He then almost immediately opened his eyes and looked around without moving his body.

The shuffling outside of the room was enough to let him know that she was probably going down because she was hungry. He huffed quietly and just laid there, waiting for her to come back.

Yuna stepped into the kitchen, heading straight to her little medicine cupboard above her toaster, opening it and stretching her arm up to grab the box, however she struggled. The box was too far deep in the cupboard, so she had to try and use her fingertips to inch the box closer to her.

Losing control, the plastic box fell on the counter, causing a pretty loud thump, making her jump.

Hearing this, Taehyung would jump out of bed and run downstairs in a panic. As he stepped in the kitchen, saw her all good and well and let out a sigh of relief.

"Can't sleep?"

She looked back at him over her shoulder, her hands scattering to collect the sprawled out boxes of pills.

"Something like that," she replies, shrugging it off.

Taehyung frowned and stepped closer to her, gently placing the back of his hand against her forehead.

"Baby, you're warm."

"Yup, I feel it too, I feel like I'm in an oven," she grumbles, popping the tablets into her mouth and gulping down some water. "Maybe I got food poisoning, I don't know.."

Letting out a heavy sigh, he pulled her into a hug, giving her a kiss on top of her head. "If you don't feel better in the morning, I'll take you to the doctors.

Yuna leans her head against his chest and nodding. "Gosh, this just had to happen at the worst time. We could be getting the date of the hearing anytime now. Imagine it's this week? Fuck, I'm gonna have to call in sick in a few hours."

"Let's just hope you get better. If you don't, I'm pretty sure Giana and I will make it work for all of us." He pet her hair, kissing her head again. "Wanna try and fall asleep again? Maybe it will help?"

"Yeah.. I don't think I'll be able to sleep in my room, it's too hot in there. I'll stick to the living room couch," she tells him with a small smile, patting his shoulder and walking past him with a glass of water in hand, taking it to the living room.

Upstairs was always warmer than downstairs, and seeing as she was already burning up, with barely anything on her body, the best choice would be to stay downstairs.

"You can go back upstairs.."

Taehyung frowned again, following behind her into the living room, "I wanna stay with you, to make sure everything is alright."

His concern for her made her feel all warm inside. She rested her head on his shoulder, looking straight ahead. "I'm not a child you know. I've been sick before. It's nothing I can't handle," she boasts, trying to lighten the mood. "But.. I appreciate it," she finally says with a sigh.

He smiled softly, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, pulling her to his side. "Is it just a fever? Or do you feel like it's something else?"

"I'm not sure.. it might just be a fever since I feel like I'm burning up. I should be fine in a few days though," she tells him reassuringly, smiling lazily and closing her eyes for a few seconds to see if she could fall asleep.

Taehyung nodded and he kissed her head yet again. He noticed she was trying to sleep again, so he remained silent.

Yuna fell asleep within a few minutes with Taehyung by her side, indicated by her light snores. Normally when she got sick like this, she'd be a mess; fidgeting and moving about, struggling to sleep. It seemed that just his presence itself could make her feel a hell of a lot better.

Taehyung just sat there, watching her sleep peacefully. After a couple minutes, he fixed her a bit, moving to lay her down properly on the sofa, whilst he got up to sit on the carpet.

He couldn't take his eyes off her, her symptoms were physically visible and he didn't want her getting more ill.

When morning came, Yuna was still lying on the sofa. Assuming he was next to her, she had a look around, not seeing him anywhere until she looked down to see him fast asleep on the floor.

She carefully knelt down onto the floor, brushing her hands through his hair to wake him up. "Tae.. you're gonna be late for work," she whispers in his ear.

Taehyung rubbed the tiredness off his eyes, slowly waking up after some struggle. He turned his gaze on her with a soft smile. "Feeling better yet?" He stretched, his arms above his head, hearing his bones crack in the process. His back was pain due to the uncomfortable position he fell asleep in.

"Yeah, somewhat better," she places her hand under his back, pushing him to sit up. "You're so silly, you should've just slept with me on the sofa. There was more than enough space," she scolds him, rubbing his back.

Taehyung stood up to fix his clothes and look at the clock on the wall. "Shit, it is pretty late. I don't even have time to go home and change.." Letting out a heavy sigh, he fixed his eyes on her again, his smile making a comeback. "I'll let him know that you're sick, so don't worry about that."

Yuna nodded and flashed him a small smile, standing up along with him and placing a small kiss on his cheek. "Are you going home after work or will you be coming back here?"

"I'll probably go home to grab some clothes, but if you don't mind, I want to stay here and take care of you." He wrapped his arms around her to pull her into a hug, as he rest his chin on the top of her head.

"Yeah, no that's perfectly fine.." His words definitely sparked something inside of her, making her feel all 'lovey dovey' inside and have her heart racing. She smiled to herself and looked up at him with so much adoration, she seriously looked like she was in love.