CHAPTER 10

VERA'S P.O.V

Vera listened quietly to every story Wanda was telling her. She was amazed to discover about the young woman's magic. The red tendrils managed to get her attention.

"My twin brother called this 'wiggly-woo'" Wanda chuckled while moving her fingers, the red magic moving around them."It's cool, isn't it?" the brunette smiled when she nodded slightly, she was intrigued.

"Was he like you?" The ten-year-old couldn't avoid asking, she was curious about it. Her voice was barely audible, but Wanda turned her head to take a better look of her face.

"Like me? You mean if he had powers?" the young woman asked, and she nodded. "Well, Pietro was super-fast" there was a glimpse of sadness in her voice as she talked. "Okay, enough about me, what about you? What do you like to do?"

The young girl looked down at the question. She still wasn't used to having people ask about what she liked or disliked. Vera still had a hard time answering those questions, always having in mind that her answers could be used against her.

She had liked ballet since she could remember. But when Dreykov noticed it, he made it the least comfortable for her, always searching for a way of breaking her and following each one of his commands.

"It's okay, sweetie. You're somewhere safe" Wanda squeezed Vera's hand, pulling her out of her thoughts."You don't have to answer if you don't want to"

Vera stared at the woman. She didn't want to answer that question, but she didn't think it was fair after Wanda had told her so many things about her. About her family, favorite TV shows...

"I like dancing" the girl finally answered, getting a smile from the brunette.

"I'm sure you're a really good dancer" the young woman complimented, and Vera felt her cheeks turning red, not being used to it. "Does your little friend have a name yet?" Wanda pointed to the stuffed grey koala.

"No" she whispered.

"Then we'll have to think of a name" Wanda said.

"Are you going to take it from me?" the kid asked. She didn't want to think of a name if the stuffed toy was going to be ripped from her hands.

"What? No. No, sweetheart" the brunette shook her head. "I would never do that, it's yours" the woman assured her.

"What are you two chatting about?" Natasha approached them, strapping Vera out before sitting down on that seat, pulling the kid onto her lap.

Vera hummed happily when her head was tucked under her Mama's chin. The child's green eyes fluttered closed as soon as Tasha's fingers combed through her red hair.

"We're thinking of a name for her little buddy" Wanda answered.

"What about something Tetushka likes, huh? She was the one that bought it for you" her Mama said, getting her to frown while thinking of something Yelena liked.

"Mac and cheese?" She asked, but it was a long name for a stuffed animal, so she changed it to, "Cheese?"

Mama chuckled at her choice but nodded in approval of the name, assuring her that Yelena would love to know that the stuffed koala was named after her favorite food.

-/-

NATASHA'S P.O.V

Natasha continued to rub her daughter's back, even if the child had fallen asleep a few minutes ago. The young girl must have been exhausted to be able to sleep in a place where she barely knew the people around her. Honestly, the Black Widow was quite surprised about the child trusting the young witch so easily.