Chapter forty five

"I'm going to miss you."
"I miss you already." I say, not caring that I sound like a thirteen year old girl even though I'm a fully grown man.
"I miss you more." She pouts, I tighten my grip around her and inhale the smell of vanilla and winter,
"Impossible."

We've been standing like this for fifteen minutes. She needs to leave soon and I've tried to make her cancel her trip four times these past fifteen minutes but we both know she has to go. Her piece of shit father "needs" her. He's probably going to keep her there to tell her that she's done a bad job and make her feel like shit.

God, I really do not like that man and considering the plans I have soon – he'll be stuck in my life forever.

"I really have to leave now, love." Love.Love.Love – I love when she calls me that, it rolls so sweetly off her tongue.
"I know." I say, giving her one last squeeze followed by a kiss.

A sigh in the background catches our attention, "It's only three days and you two are acting like you'll never see each other again." Daniel says, we both turn around and give him a glare.
"Shut up, Daniel." We both say,
"Geez." He waves his arms in defense.

I turn around to Amalie again, I really didn't lie when I said that I miss her already. These past two days have been amazing. We've gone on dates; I've shown her my favorite hidden places and we've even gone to the club together.

"I'll text you when I'm there." She says with a pout. I nod, but don't let her go yet.
"Text me, call me and facetime me the second you land." I say, giving her a peck on the nose then a kiss.
"You guys make me want to throw up." Daniel mutters in the background.

When we're done saying goodbye for the tenth time, Amalie has to leave, and they do. I close the door and head inside again, the second I turn around I see Alexa.

"Everything okay?" I ask, I've had Maria stay over the past two days to make sure everything was fine and Alexa wasn't alone.
"I've never seen you act like that with any girl before." She says, giving me her signature look.
"That's because she's not any girl."

We walk to the living room, and I push down the cushion so she can sit comfortably.
"Bruno, I love you for taking care of me but I'm still capable of moving my own cushions. It's still early."
"Yeah.." I trail off, every time I think about what she told me I want to murder Lorenzo. Yet there's a bigger part of me that wants him to stay as far away as possible.

Alexa notices the look on my face, and gives me a light squeeze.
"Tell me about her, I never in my life thought you'd end up with a Walker. Especially not her, you guys were at each other's throats." I smile like an idiot, we really were. I still remember the time she came to visit Luna, and I threw a bucket of ice-cold water on her while she slept.

I guess somewhere in there, all the I hate you's turned into the complete opposite.

"She's stubborn as fuck, and I have ten bruises daily as a reminder of her being my girlfriend." I say, "but she's mine, luz de mi vida." The light of my life.
Alexa gasps, "Bruno Rodriguez in a monogamous relationship. I never thought I'd see this day."
I laugh, "now you have."

It's the only right thing i've done in my life.

Alexa smiles, "I'm happy for you, you deserve it. I told you once that one day you'll find someone who'll show you that love is worth the pain, and you did. I'm not sure what I think of the person you chose, but you did and that's the important part."

I sigh, "Do you blame her though? She's only seen the worst parts of you. Luna meant a lot to her, and in her eyes you're the girl who made her best friend sad."