Ch 638: His Hands

This must be payback.

That was the only reasonable conclusion on why Nian was doing all of this to him. Seeing her smirking confirmed this theory of his.

Did he really make Nian wait that long? It was just an hour.

Maybe she got hungry while she was waiting for him to finish?

Lin Ye was that naive to think a bar of chocolate was enough to satisfy a hungry divine being.

However, Lin ye would be lying to himself if he did not find what she said just now as intriguing though.

What could he do in this whole situation?

Kieran beat him to the punch though in asking Nian this.

"What do you mean?!" With how this man was reacting to what Nian said to him. it did not sit well with him, "Do you take me as a fool?! Are you trying to make a rift between Laterano and Rhodes Island?!"

Although in his opinion, Lin Ye thought that he shouldn't have screamed this question to her. Nian was literally an arm away from him, no need to raise his voice.

Lin Ye sighed and stood in between the two of them before anything drastic could happen.

"Calm down Kieran," He held his hand to the man, "She must have a good reason to say this to you."

Nian seemed to be in the mood of annoying this man as she glanced at the Angel behind Lin Ye.

"Yeah, listen my Gege," Nian smirked as she said this to him, "Please, do listen, brat."

"..." The Doctor could only stare at this troublemaker with a blank expression.

Lin Ye did not appreciate how Nian was fuelling the flames of this whole situation. If this carries on, Lin Ye would not be surprised if Kieran will show Nian the end of his gun's barrel.

"Brat!" If he was mad before, Kieran was furious now, "Why do you keep calling me that?! Are you trying to annoy me!"

Nian folded her arms and looked at him unimpressed.

"I am just stating what I am seeing," Nian replied calmly, "And if you don't want to believe me, the outcome will not change. Your race is doomed, one way or another."

Then she patted Lin Ye on the shoulder.

"However, this man could be your last chance to survive."

Kieran's eyes then landed on Lin Ye now.

"This man?" Kieran stared at him in disbelief, "You want me to believe that this man is the man that caught a god's attention?"

"..."

Did this man just ridicule right to his face?

Lin ye did not regret his previous action not immediately helping him now.

He wasn't that mad though.

Nian took care of that department for him. Her eyes narrowed on the man. If not because Lin Ye standing between her and him, Nian would throw a first to his face by now.

"Do you know anything about Karlan's God? Or about who Gege is?" Nian fired back a question at him, "I do not care if you believe in a god or not. But if you ever talk to Gege like that again, I'll-."

Lin Ye needed to physically hold Nian back. Kieran did not know how close he was to death just now.

He was protecting this man from a goddamn god! Don't look like you were able to hold her back on your own!