291: The 4th Great Ninja War? (1)

Wish to read chapters ahead of here? Visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

———

Chapter 291: The 4th Great Ninja War? (1)

———

[Flashback]

Two decades. Obito Uchiha was saved by Madara Uchiha nearly two decades prior.

Madara promised to bring back Rin Nohara to life, the kunoichi who Obito cherished. In exchange, Obito was left with the mission to revive Madara– who was about to die– years later after collecting all the nine-tailed beasts.

Nearly two decades have passed since then.

At this point, Obito didn't want to revive Madara. Because he wasn't a fool anymore. He didn't believe in Madara, no, he didn't trust that man at all.

So, after considering everything, Obito had decided a few years ago to keep Madara dead– as the legendary Ninja, if revived, would only complicate his plans.

Yet, not long after that decision was made, this annoying and frustrating variable showed up. Messing up all of Obito's plans, nearly beyond repair.

To fix this mess, according to Naruto's Mangekyou Ability– future prediction– Obito would need the help of the Ghost of Uchiha, Madara Uchiha. Because without Madara, the odds that Neji can be defeated were far too low for Obito's liking.

So despite his earlier plans and decisions, Obito Uchiha decided to revive Madara anyway. He had no other choice, after all. Fortunately, Obito now had just the thing needed to effortlessly revive Madara. Using the Rinnegan left behind by Neji Hyuga himself.

After implanting the Rinnegan onto his right eye socket, Obito had gone to Madara's grave. He had buried Madara's corpse with his own hands when the old Uchiha had finally passed away decades ago, and so he knew where the corpse was.

The only strange part was that, when he reached the grave, he found Kabuto Yakushi right there.

Right in front of Obito's eyes, this crazy disciple of Orochimaru– who had absorbed his own master into himself– was digging Madara's grave.

"Oops... I can explain."

"...."

After confronting him, Obito Uchiha came to learn just how exactly Kabuto found the location of Madara's dead body. Obito also learned of Kabuto's self-proclaimed, 'magnificent' plan.

Obito would have killed that snake-like bastard right there and then, if not for the fact that Kabuto's plan was actually mind-numbingly good.

"Fine, I won't kill you. In exchange..."

After that, a deal was settled between them.

"Naruto and I will help you collect the materials to reanimate some certain people," said Obito. "It wouldn't take that long with my assistance and Naruto's Mangekyou power. So I expect fast work from you."

"Oh-ho?" Kabuto asked with a snake-like hiss, as his single gold eye gleamed. "And who are these 'cssertain' people?"

Obito smiled under his mask.

"...That would be the S-ranked Ninjas and Kages from the history of the five great villages."

* * *

[Present]

When the Gedo Statue came out, the building shook and everyone jumped out of it. Excluding Obito who slipped into his Kamui dimension.

The Gedo Statue trashed its hands around, destroying the rest of the building and making it fall apart. That movement killed almost the entirety of the Samurais who were inside it.