Chapter 04; The Cullens

Amanda Seyfried as Lauren
Nicola Coughlan as Katie
Ki Hong Lee as Ben

Elena's POV Jessica leans in, swinging into gossip mode "Doctor and Mrs

Elena's POV
Jessica leans in, swinging into gossip mode "Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago."

"They kinda....." Angela starts only for Lauren to butt in and say "They like to keep to themselves" to which Jessica adds "Because they're all together. Like, together together. The blonde runway model, that's Rosalie Hale, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett Cullen" I looked at the people in question.

Rosalie Hale, is 18 years old and a senior. She is exceptionally beautiful. She's tall, statuesque, and has long, wavy blonde hair which matches with her golden eyes. Alongside her Emmett, 19 year old senior that may have been held back a year. He's very handsome with dimples and slightly curly, dark brown hair that almost looks black. He's big, brawny, like a weight lifter, but a playful glint in his eye. He also has a childish look not often seen in a grown man.

I tune back in as Jessica continues "... they're a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal" " Jess, they're not actually related" Katie says in their defense "But they live together. It's weird!" I frown at her judgey behavior and add "If it was an actual problem them my dad would've gotten a call" that quiets her for a moment before she continues the conversation.

"And the little dark haired girl, Alice Cullen, she's really weird she's with Jasper Hale, the blonde who looks like he's in pain" she says and I glance back over.

Alice is 17 and a junior like us. She is petite and pixie-like, with a graceful gait and hair that is short, spiky, and black. She has a dazed look on her face reminding me of someone either on heavy medication or smoking pot. She hovers over, Jasper who is 18, tall and has honey blond hair that falls just above his collar. He is muscular, but lean, unlike his brother Emmett. He has a slightly tortured expression on his face.

I turn to face Jessica as she chatters away "Rosalie and Jasper are the only biological family members, they're twins. I also heard a rumor that they're the niece and nephew of Dr. and Mrs. Cullen" I glanced back at them and I could see similar facial features between the two, though....Jasper's seem to be less cold and harsh.

I turn back once more as Jessica finishes "I mean, Dr. Cullen's like this foster dad slash match maker" Angela sighs and says "Maybe he'll adopt me" the girls and I (excluding Bella as she was still staring at them like a creep) laugh, Lauren then adds "I don't need Dr. Cullen's matchmaking skills" she then leans against Tyler and looks up at him affectionately and he looks down at her with the same face "I've already found my Prince Charming."

I looked down and thought about something that I haven't thought about since I was little 'Would I ever find someone like that?' I look up again as Bella suddenly asks "Who's he?" We all look up to see the final Cullen.

He's 17 with a lanky and lean build like Jasper. His hair is untidy, and an unusual bronze color. He seems more boyish than the others. He gives off a similar aura to Bella. Selfish, egotistical, manipulative, and arrogant. I only glance at Bella and I can see she's taken by him. I don't see why.... Then again I never found red heads attractive.

"That's Edward Cullen" Jessica whispers causing Edward to suddenly look over, as if he heard Jessica from across the room. He observes us with a bored glance, but when his eyes land on me he glares hatefully as if I just slaughtered his entire family. His topaz orbs make me feel nauseous and uncomfortable.

He finally flits his gaze away and his eyes meet Bella's, but he seems confused. Bella quickly looks away and shoots me a victorious smirk before 'shyly' ducking behind her hair. I give her a look and think 'You can keep the creepy guy.'

"He's totally gorgeous, obviously, but apparently no one here is good enough for him. Like I care" Jessica says though she obviously does "Anyway, don't waste your time" "I wasn't planning on it" Bella lies, in a slightly cocky tone. Jessica and everyone else looks at her confused as if they didn't realize that she was there 'Who did they think was asking the questions?' I glanced around and Lauren scoffs before saying "Actually, Jess was talking to Elena."

Everyone turns to look at me and Bella glared as they all await my response. I become flustered as I say "You don't need to worry about me....Edward's not my type" Jessica then leaps forward and ask "So it's true? You're really a lesbian?!" I choked on a laugh and said "No! Though I wouldn't mind dating a girl.... I just don't have any interest or desire to date yet. I don't find Edward Cullen attractive."

This makes Emmett let out a booming laugh and when I look over I see an offended Edward as his other three siblings have enough grace to not loudly laugh like Emmett.

I stare at them for a moment longer before turning my attention back to the table. I notice that Bella can't help but peek at Edward again. He's scolding his siblings for laughing and paying her no mind.

~~~timeskip~~~
Lauren Tyler, and I shared the same chemistry class, so they was kind enough to show me the way.

Upon entering the classroom, they immediately take their seats and point me to Mrs. Ward. I shyly approach her, and when she sees me she sighs "You must be Eleanna Swan?" I nod and say "Yes, Ma'am" she waved me off and says "I'm sorry to say that our class is full, but don't worry, I have an extra seat for you" she then gestures to a table in the very back closest to the giant windows.

Sitting there were none other than the Hale twins. I gulp anxiously and nod "Thank you..." I walk over timidly sit near them. They stare at me and I try to ignore the way their yellow eyes make my stomach churn.

Class starts and it's just note taking for today. As we write the Hale's don't remove their gazes from me. No says anything until Jasper says "I'm Jasper, and this is my sister Rosalie. You must be Elena Swan" Rosalie and I both look at him in surprise as neither one of us were expecting the quieter Hale to start the conversation.

I then nod and say "Yes..." he nods and says "We've heard a lot about you as I'm sure you've heard about us. Forks is a small town with a lot of gossipers.... While we don't know what you went through we do offer our condolences" I looked at him surprised before saying "Thank you.... I offer mine as well."

They seemed surprised and I said "It takes one to know one" and went back to taking my notes.