Chapter 24

Enjoy a picture of my chinchilla!

The summer at the French school of magic passed quickly with Hadrian reading from the library and participating in the classes. He didn't have to but it would be an extra skill to cast spells in french. The french spells were different than the ones taught at Hogwarts. The Malfoys could tell he was having a blast, however all to soon it had come to an end. The third school year at Hogwarts was fast approaching and they still had to get supplies from Diagon Alley.

Hadrian's letter had arrived at the same time as a very interesting copy of the Daily Prophet.

(This next part is taken straight from the book so I don't own it.)

Ministry of Magic Employee Scoops Grand Prize!

Arthur Weasley, Head of the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Office at the Ministry of Magic, has won the annual Daily Prophet Grand Prize Galleon Draw. A delighted Mr. Weasley told the Dailey Prophet, "We will be spending the gold on a summer holiday in Egypt, where our eldest son, Bill, works as a curse breaker for Gringotts Wizarding Bank." The Weasley family will be spending a month in Egypt, returning for the start of the new school year at Hogwarts, which five of the Weasley children currently attend.

(End of the part taken from the book.)

Ugh! A reminder that more Weasleys attend his school. Last year, Hadrian was very tempted to kill a certain red headed eleven year old who thinks she is all so pretty and popular and should be the one to marry the famous 'Harry Potter' that will bend over backwards for her every whim.

She had another thing coming though. The Slytherins didn't take to kindly to her bad mouthing them every time she was around and discreetly cursed and jinxed her in the hallways. Professor Snape gave whoever did the best job a reward each week to whoever got her the...best curse. The reward being either a snack night in the dorms or maybe a tweaked grade.

Hadrian shook himself out of his thoughts as he recalled the photo. Ron, that imbecile, was holding his pet rat, Scabbers, with his arm around Ginevra. The rat was missing a toe... what was it that Tom had said about his sniveling coward of a spy being a rat animagus? And didn't said rat animagus be friends with his parents who also so happened to get blown up by a convict and the only thing found was a finger?

Suspicious.... definitely suspicious.

He wondered if Tom would let him have the rat as a present...

He already had Lucius sign his Hogsmeade permission form and spell it to match his so called family's handwriting.

Speaking of a traitorous rat, Sirius Black had escaped Azkaban and not to long after that, a large dog had showed up and was hanging around. Totally not strange or suspicious at all...

The little Lord and the Malfoys walked into the book shop to see a bunch of flying pages everywhere.

"NOOOO! STOP!" The store owner was beating the monstrous books, ironically called The Monster Book of Monsters, with a stick trying to get them apart.

"What is going on here?" Hadrian's soft voice floated through the crowd. Immediately, the crowd parted and the books stopped tearing at each other as he glided to the cage. The store owner was speechless as the boy opened the cage and picked one of the books up gently and examined the pages.

"They- they won't stop attacking each other!" The store owner explained. Hadrian just stared at him as he cradled the book. "How are you doing that?"

Hadrian hummed lightly as he continued to examine each of the books. "You just have to be careful. They do not like just being grabbed or thrown around like most students do. If you respect them then they are relaxed and not trying to attack anything in it's sights."

Most of the crowd looked sheepish at that. "Sorry." Everyone apologized quietly.

"I will take two of them." Hadrian said, holding the one he currently had in his hands gently. The book stuck its tongue out happily as Draco followed Hadrian's lead and very carefully grabbed another book.

"Very well. That will be two galleon and ten sickles." The owner rang them up shakily.

Lucius put the required amount on the table before they left with their purchase. It didn't take them very long to grab everything else and head home.